Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-06-05 03:43 AM - last edited on 2015-06-05 09:55 AM by Rickard
I just updated my xperia z lte to lollipop today v. 10.6.A.0.454.
Everthing looks good except two major issues:
1. WIFI won't start --> trying to turn it on but it keeps on trying and then off again
2.battery --> I can not turn on STAMINA mode --> it can be turn on however everytime I check again the status is off.
been trying to restart and swith off several times but it doesn't help.
does anyone has the same issue or any experience on how to solve this. Thanks
Topic edited by Rickard
2015-06-02 05:49 AM
2015-06-02 05:30 AM
I just updated my Xperia Z (Bell) and now Wifi no longer activates. WiFi is disabled and selecting ON freezes the WiFi Settings screen.
Everything else seems OK except for WiFi. Mobile data works fine. I have been doing a lot of searches but I can't find any info on how to resolve this.
Anyone have a similar problem and found a solution?
2015-06-02 05:49 AM
2015-06-02 06:04 AM
Hi RocketRobinHood, welcome to the community!
You could start the phone in Safe Mode to see whether the issue is still present then - as if it is not present in Safe Mode it may just be a third party app causing the issue (if that's the case I advise clearing the data for all of your third party apps and/or deleting any you don't use/need anymore). If the issue is present in Safe Mode I advise running a software repair like Phy has suggested as it is very likely to smoothen things out for you. To do this you just need access to a computer with an internet connection.
using PC Companion
1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
(Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard).
using Bridge for Mac
1. Launch Bridge For MAC.
2. Select "Back up your Xperia device".
3. Select the data you wish to back up from your device (the windows can be expanded for more detail as below; then select "Next".
4. The backup will now be in process, do not disconnect the phone while this runs.
Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
4. Repair Phone
6. Accept data removal
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps
Running the software repair on Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins.
Keep us updated.
2015-06-04 09:11 AM
I have a problem after updating my xperia Z with my wifi.
I cant turn it on (wifi is turning on, and then nothing it just turn off)
Is there some 1 that have the same problem or a solution?
2015-06-04 02:08 PM
I don't recommend it. It has serious battery drainage at least for me and some minor bugs. I can't use the mobile data anymore because every time I deactivate it the Cell Standby starts draining the battery like crazy (79% of 100% last time I checked ) also the wifi it does not deactivate sometimes even if it says that because appears in battery stats.
2015-06-04 02:13 PM
2015-06-04 06:38 PM - edited 2015-06-04 06:38 PM
My wifi is not turning on, its not worthy waiting for lollipop 5 in xperia z... so i just want solution to this problem