account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't send voice message and can't record a video

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Can't send voice message and can't record a video

Hi,
I have xperia Z and i have updated to android lollipop 5.1.1. When i want to send voice message using Whatsapp messenger. It won't send. Same as Wechat. I have reset my phone about three times. I don't know what to do.

Next,
After i update to android lollipop 5.1.1. I can't to record a video. I was reset my phone. It won't work.

Please someone help

I hope you have solve my problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Re: Can't send voice message and can't record a video

Can you try to use and check other apps? I cannot guarantee things are exactly as I have stated. 

Also, if you want to use all those mentioned by you, install one by one and see if the problems come back.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Do you have OK google detection from any screen enabled? That might be using the microphone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

I have unable the OK google detection to. It won't work
Visitor
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

I don't know what to do after i reset my phone 3 times. It will do the same thing.
Highlighted
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Strange, I would suggest you to boot in safe mode and try to use the recorder.

Visitor
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Aaa. If i go to boot in safe mode can i install an application such as Whatsapp?

How to unable the OK google detection?
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

No, in safe mode I think only hangouts will work and the default recorder. 

If you want to disable OK google detection, go to google app - swipe from left to right - tap on settings - voice - ok google detection and disable the option from any screen.

Visitor
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hmm. Both of method wont work. How am i to do. It have another method?
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Can you also tell what's the problem with videos? I think you should perform a software repair using PC Companion.

Visitor
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

I cant take a video. I have do software repair about in the morning. First it work. When i try againn. It won work