account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't change lock screen wallpaper

Rookie
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Can't change lock screen wallpaper

Amazing lock screen walpaper chngd done. . For that goto settings -> display -> lock screen. we can chnge the lock screen chngd dne. :-D
PG
Visitor
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Hey Guys,

Im using the xperia ZR AND when i try to change the lockscreen wallpaper in any way possible it goes well till the crop picture part but as soon as i hit crop it shows a message saying "could not set wallpaper"

i have this problem after the 4.2.2 update and its persistant in the 4.3 update as well

Please help asap

One time poster
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I can't change lock screen wallpaper  even using swipe methods. When I crop the photo to set up as my lock screen wallpaer, it shows "could not set wallpaer". Thinking Face  I would like to know how can I shut down developer option. Please show me guidline noskr2310.

One time poster
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

i had the same problem as yours, like it shows "could not set wallpaper." what i did was, i got into Settings>Developer Options, then beside the "Developer Options" title there is a toggle which you can have it turned on/off. I tried to toggle it off then return to changing my wallpaper and it worked for me. I guess Developer options is supposed to be toggled off in order to change the wallpaper. Hope this helps you.

One time poster
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

but how come in xperia C we can chage the lock screen in parrten lock also no need of swipe ???

One time poster
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

Funny how a custom option can **bleep** people off. Me included. Why Sony?
One time poster
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Hi samuel i am using xperia m and i can't change my lockscreen. My wallpaper and lockscreen is the same. And i tried to change the lockscreen but nothing has changed. My xperia version is 4.2
One time poster
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

You have to remove 'Xperia' live wallpaper from Applications. Then It Will change

One time poster
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Hi I'm using Xperia Z1 and after after those methods I still can't change lock screen image. I'm running android 5.0.2 btw.
One time poster
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Go to developer options in Settings and uncheck the "Protect SD card" option. Then you should be able to change your lockscreen wallpaper.
The wallpaper/album module wasn't able to access the SD card files. But now it should be fine.