account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera file naming convension filename modification

LB8
One time poster
Message 41 of 48
Message 41 of 48

Re: Camera file naming convension filename modification

Never again Sony, what a struggle...very dissapointed.

Emperor
Message 42 of 48
Message 42 of 48

@LB8

What's the problem?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 43 of 48
Message 43 of 48

Please fix the file names!

Either continue numbering,

or (better) use date and time for the name! 

Learner
Message 44 of 48
Message 44 of 48

How is it that this has STILL not been addressed by Sony? Does the development team actually see any of this feedback?

Highlighted
Message 45 of 48
Message 45 of 48

Just adding my voice to the plea. We're tired. 

Learner
Message 46 of 48
Message 46 of 48

I have 2 Sony phones and one Sony camera. As I was unable to change the photo's names, I was readind this post. There was one idea to look for a solution in PlayMemories. Here is what I found. I was saving all my photos from 3 sources in 1 directory (ex.: 2018-06-22 Holiday). Using PlayMemories in standard view, it was showing the photos by name, depending on how many pictures you've took with your phones and camera (wife's phone all photos, than my phone all photos and the camera one's at the end). If you go on top of the photo's screen in PlayMemories, there is a small option bar (Thumbnails, Details, ...), click on Calendar view and you'll get all the pictures by the date and time they were taken, mixing all 3 sources together. This can be a partial solution, if you are looking to your pictures with PlayMemories, till Sony will finally allow us to use the names we would like (date/time).

Message 47 of 48
Message 47 of 48

Oh, and there's one more roundabout way of doing that. If you use Dropbox, enable the option to automatically upload your photos to the cloud. By default it will change the names to date-based ones! 

But hey, Sony, do we really need to use third party apps for something so simple? 

Visitor
Message 48 of 48
Message 48 of 48

Unbelievable. The Xperias want to be photo smartphones with a special camera button and Sony doesn't fix this annoying mistake and ignores over five years all users.