account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Calendar crashing every few minutes.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Calendar crashing every few minutes.

I have had my Xperia Z for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it.
However since the very first day I had it I've been having a problem with the calendar. Every minute a popup would show saying that Calendar Storage/Calendar is not responding (this gets extremely annoying). Opening the Calendar app would cause it to imediately crash, I installed the Google Calendar from the Play Store but it also crashes. I went into settings>apps and disabled Calendar Storage which solves the popup and crashing problems but also introduces the problem of not being able to create or veiw any events (in both apps).
I have kept up with appliciation and phone updates and have searched around the internet for a solution but haven't found any.

Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Calendar crashing every few minutes.

I fixed mine. Go to settings>apps>all then force quit and clear data for anything related to calendar. Hope this helps.
5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Racing similar issue with calendar since I upgraded yo android 4.2.2, Cantu finde a solución. Peleas check tris problem. Using Xperia ZL
Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I fixed mine. Go to settings>apps>all then force quit and clear data for anything related to calendar. Hope this helps.
Yin
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

does this remove all calendar entries past, present and future?

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

If they are made through an email account (such as gmail's calandar) they will be restored. But if they are only saved to the phone it will probably erase them. You can easily change them to your gmail/yahoo etc calander though!
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Any other suggestions, this didn't work for me, and even more, I have every day over 1500 "birthdays" as all calendars show for all contacts I have in address book that they have birthday every day...