account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery Draining fast all of the sudden for Xperia ZL

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Xperia ZL battery drains fast

So I just received my Xperia ZL yesterday and I am already having problems. The battery life is just awful, it went down from 100% to 15% just in stand by and by using the camera a little bit (with stamina mode on) in just 5 hours! I had nothing running, when I look in the processes, Mediaserver uses 54% of the battery, what is that? Everything else seems to be using just 5-10%.

I also noticed that stamina mode does not work, it shows 1 day and 14 hours of stand by time both on stamina mode and when it is off. What could be possibly causing this issue? I currently have version 4.2.2

Thanks in advance

Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Re: Xperia ZL battery drains fast

Stamina mode will work if you do this:settings-apps-all-eco mode controller,force stop and clear data,force restart the phone(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Re: Battery Draining fast all of the sudden for Xperia ZL

SIr,
I bought zl two weaks ago,then i update it into 4.3
1 weak it was normally. Then my zl baytery drain too fast, i must charge it 3 times a day
Please help sir, i cant enjoy it..
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Re: Battery Draining fast all of the sudden for Xperia ZL

Download sony update service and attempt a repair.Backup your data because it will erase phone memory.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.