account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

BUG: Xperia Z reboots continously

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 38
Message 21 of 38

Re: BUG: Xperia Z reboots continously

Hi

Today my kid played some game (its on my phone some months already) and phone started to reboot.. 

Before one reboot i saw popup for 1/10 sec something about sim card.. 

so i took out sim card and phone is ok..

Inserting sim doesnt doo any bad if i dont enter pin code..

So i entered pin.. and phone starts to reboot..

After reboot i turned off mobile data.. phone is ok..
Turning on mobile data.. phone starts to reboot..

Today was change to winter time in Latvia.. maybe some problems with that..

Today i will make backup with that default sony backup tool.. and try to reset and reinstall phone..

Apprentice
Message 22 of 38
Message 22 of 38

I figured that I might send an update.

One of the firmware updates that have been released since I filed this bug have fixed this issue. I have now used the phone with both power save and stamina mode enabled for some months without hitting this issue. So I can just say that it works for me now. Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 23 of 38
Message 23 of 38

I also have same problem and partially solved by turning mobile data off while playing game. Hot issue and rebooting problem became much less happened.

I found that Xperia has pre-installed "Overheat Control" (see my post at http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Accidental-restart/m-p/459989#M23884) and assumed this software makes my Xperia Z rebooting frequently when playing games with mobile data switched on.

I also found that Xperia has pre-installed "Crash Monitor" and believed it monitored by Sony. I do hope Sony will take action concerning hot issue and rebooting problem by using every information collected by "Crash Monitor" very soon.

Apprentice
Message 24 of 38
Message 24 of 38

Hi cjfs

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue as you (phone keeps rebooting, freezes just before, wont recognise sim); did you have any luck fixing it yourself?

Given this is my second xperia z (only had this one a mon th after sending my old one back because of sudden death) I'd really love to be able to sort this out myself. Can anybody out there help?!!!

One time poster
Message 25 of 38
Message 25 of 38

I was experiencing this issue today and managed to solve it with a simple fix.

When your phone boots, unlock quickly and hold the power button to open the menu and hit shutdown. For some odd reason, a manual reboot as opposed to the auto bootloop solves the issue.

I hope this helps a few of you, it's worth a try at least since there's no risk to losing your data &colonWinking Face

One time poster
Message 26 of 38
Message 26 of 38

it is now happening to my Xperia SP. How exactly u managed to solve this issue?

I could not find it in your bug solved link.

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 27 of 38
Message 27 of 38

i updated my sony xperia z to 4.4.2 then i wanted to go back to my stock firmware 4.2.2 i tried with flashtool but then when flashtool tells me to un plug and start my phone i did but it keeps restarting then i was informed than i can fix this problem by using pc companion i did but it restored my xperia to 4.4.2 i cant downgrade to 4.2.2 any help please!!

Adept
Message 28 of 38
Message 28 of 38

Same problem with the ZL tried to reset, reinstall software and so on so on...

The solution I found was to flash Jellybean 4.2.2 and it fixes all my problems.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 29 of 38
Message 29 of 38

Hi there my phone is doing the exact thing...it started couple nights ago when I woke up in the morning it started rebooting for some reason  I also have  the xperia z and im using the android version 4.1.2 model number C6616. Yesterday my phone started to act up and do the same thing where if I dont have it plugged into my dock it will reboot even before I input my code for my sin card...sometimes it will reboot just after I input my code. But if i have the phone on my dock and keep it charging it never reboots for me...it works great. and then when I take it off the dock....it usually reboots but not for couple hours could be sooner the time varies and in order for me to use the phone when I start it up I have to put it on my dock and once I do that I have no problems again...but I dont like to keep it on the dock especially when its fully charged but once I take it off it will start to reboot again. Can anyone help me with this problem...to me it sounds like the battery because its fine when its on the dock but when I take it off the dock thats when it starts to reboot. I havent updated my phone either because I have a broken pin in my usb slot thats why I went out to buy a dock so I could at least use my phone because they wouldnt fix it for me and because I didnt get this fixed Im unable to use anything that requires the use of the usb. I cant see it being a problem because I havent updated the phone...I still think it sounds like the battery....HELP please I need to find out what is wrong if anyone has had this problem before....Thanks

One time poster
Message 30 of 38
Message 30 of 38

I also experiencing the same isssue. My Phone xperia z Keep rebooting after upgraded to Lollipop and failed to reach the home screen. PLS. HELP !!