account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

BUG: Xperia Z reboots continously

SOLVED
Genius
Message 11 of 38
Message 11 of 38

Re: BUG: Xperia Z reboots continously

very good info and needs attention from Sony as you are not alone

One time poster
Message 12 of 38
Message 12 of 38

i have the same problems with rebooting, but it happens only in some exact location
of my city, not depending on battery lever or anything else. recently my phone
was updated with new version but the problem still exists. yesterday it started
rebooting, i couldn’t do anything, but then removed SIM card and it stopped
rebooting. then i changed my location and phone was ok! maybe it has problems
with provider stations, or 3G (when i am lucky to turn off 3G, during rebooting
process it stops rebooting, sometimes). SONY please helpSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 13 of 38
Message 13 of 38

probably the best you can do is restore your phone with Sony update service, and try to copy the problem, so... try another simcard from an other provider, and set your location to the location were your phone crashed. if the problem accours with another simcard, you know that something is up.

and have you turned on: wifi on location?? this could maybe also the problem

alexgvishiani wrote:

i have the same problems with rebooting, but it happens only in some exact location
of my city, not depending on battery lever or anything else. recently my phone
was updated with new version but the problem still exists. yesterday it started
rebooting, i couldn’t do anything, but then removed SIM card and it stopped
rebooting. then i changed my location and phone was ok! maybe it has problems
with provider stations, or 3G (when i am lucky to turn off 3G, during rebooting
process it stops rebooting, sometimes). SONY please helpSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 14 of 38
Message 14 of 38

Same problem here, brand new phone.  Tried methods above to reset but no joy.  Happen on first reboot after updating firmware and then inserting a vodaphone sim.  Could that be related?

One time poster
Message 15 of 38
Message 15 of 38

It's been a month . . any one know if Sony has given this issue any attention?

Apprentice
Message 16 of 38
Message 16 of 38

Hard to say given that sony, (and all other  manufacturers) won't allow access to their internal registred bug-databases Slightly smiling Face

I assume they must have caught this one. Question is more whether a fix will be released in the near future. Technically if they can't release a fix for this a lot of their commersials are wrong and this might be a reason for for filing a warranty issue in the future.

The fix for now is to avoid stamina and low batt power save functions.

It would be really nice if Sony (and all other manufacturers) could post a list of known bugs in their units, whether they will be fixed and some approximation on when.

A faster release cycle on firmwares would also be nice. Fix one bug, release, fix another release and so on. No need to wait for all bugs in every firmware. I could update my phone twice a week as long as I knew bugs were squashed.

One time poster
Message 17 of 38
Message 17 of 38

I eventually fixed it by following the instructions below what I think was your youtube video, so thanks very much for posting that.  Also filled out a help form at the support website but still haven't heard back from that.

I wonder if cyanogen mod is the way to go in order to circumvent the culture of secrecy entrenched in Sony that you described ?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 18 of 38
Message 18 of 38

I actually have the same problem here. I'm trying to do a repair using PCC. My problem is posted in a discussion here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/509585#509585

Learner
Message 19 of 38
Message 19 of 38

i had this problem too.. it stop booting continiously when i switched off the wifi. and when turning the wifi on again, it suddunly reboots again and again. i don't know what happened but a few hours later, it is ok again. but i will try to reinstall the update. too bad for this one that i love sony but i think it's time to switch brand.

One time poster
Message 20 of 38
Message 20 of 38

I have the same problem with my 3-month old Sony Xperia ZR (bought in Malaysia).

-Phone reboots every 20 seconds

-Touchscreen freezes before rebooting

-Sim card is not recognized

-PC companion cannot recognize the phone when it's off

I tried restoring factory settings but it didn't help.

I really want to fix the bug on my own as I don't have time to send it to a service centre and I need the phone for my job.
I will follow the available videos and update everyone on the progress.

Let's hope that I can fix this and stick with Sony.