account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Apps to SD in Xperia Z?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 51 of 88
Message 51 of 88

SD_XPERIA Z.ZL.ZR

Z have the xperia but the internal memory is already full for the games q are heavy. I can not move them to the sd to release memorized could not find a way to fix this grace.Angry Face

PLEASE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM XPERIA Z

Enthusiast
Message 52 of 88
Message 52 of 88

Re: SD_XPERIA Z.ZL.ZR

You can't move it
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 88
Message 53 of 88

Re: SD_XPERIA Z.ZL.ZR

The solution Will be by rooting the phone
Visitor
Message 54 of 88
Message 54 of 88

About Memory

am using SONY XPERIA ZR for a two month  .,...as i loook for RAM.,, its ok ,.,.BUT am n't satisfy the internal 4 gb storage available,.,.if two hd games are installed like ASPHLAT 8 & N.O.V.A. game ,,,..in same time ...,,the internal storage is full ,,and the device not allow to intall other small apps like flashlight.,.,.even KILOBYTES.....so i want SONY ENVIRONMENT to make XPERIA ZR allow the GAME DATA and INSTALLING ANY APPS MOVE to SD CARD,,..so i want UPDATE FOR XPERIA ZR  MOVING APP DATA (GAMING AND OTHER APPS) TO EXTERNAL SD CARD.,.,.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 55 of 88
Message 55 of 88

Re: About Memory

i have the same problem  but i will root after 1 year  

Rookie
Message 56 of 88
Message 56 of 88

Re: Xperia Z - Move app to SD

Did you get a response off Johan, why sony havnt brought back the app to sd on thier handsets like samsung have???

One time poster
Message 57 of 88
Message 57 of 88

Sony is disappointing, remains me Nokia. Why I can't install my apps in my 64GB SD card?
One time poster
Message 58 of 88
Message 58 of 88

Don't get your hopes up with the move app to sd in jelly bean, even if samsung have manage to put the function back it only move part of the main app, the app data wich if the one using more pf the space still remains in the phone memory, i tested it on a samsung tablet with some gameloft games, and if useless.

Learner
Message 59 of 88
Message 59 of 88

Moving content from internal mem to SD-card/no root

i have Xperia ZR . i cant transfer content internal to external memory card . like apps ? my internal is full ...

Bu
Visitor
Message 60 of 88
Message 60 of 88

App2SD

What a disappointing answer.

Why no app2sd option??

Why no satisfactory costumers support?

If android 4.3 for Sony Xperia was released in 23.12.2013 why isn’t it available yet?

11Gb isn’t enough!

Why would people buy apps from Google Play Store if their devices don’t have enough available storage to keep them? Why would people EVEN BUY this kind of devices in the first place?

Personal opinion - Xperia Z and Z1 are the best smartphones out there, but in a market where the majority of buyers are young people who like to game and consume more and more every day, flaws like this rapidly give bad publicity/reputation/reviews to this devices + all other Sony products.

I really hope Sony comes out with a solution for this ‘simple’ limitation.

Regards