account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Activate Xperia with Facebook

One time poster
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Activate Xperia with Facebook

I have just purchased an Xperia Z phone. Whenever I access my Contacts and select a particular contact who is also synced with a Facebook account a message appears "Facebook contact. Activate Xperia with Facebook to get high-resolution profile pictures and more information about your friends" When I select Activate now a black screen appears continually loading. This takes a long time and eventually nothing happens. Each time I select a contact the same thing occurs. 

I have WIFI on and have tried it over several different WIFI spots. The phone is brand new and everything is updated. 

Do you have any solutions to this! Your help is greatly appreciated Slightly smiling Face

16 REPLIES 16
Master
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Activate Xperia with Facebook

Try to clear data for Facebook under settings > apps > (all) > Facebook > clear data. Restart the phone. 

Make sure that you have the latest Facebook update from Google Play. Log into Facebook again and pull down the status bar to confirm Facebook for Xperia. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Zrc
Learner
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Dear Alexander,

I have the same problem. Did all the action mentioned in your post, but the problem isn't solved.

Also I tried to delete FB account from account menu in Setting, then reboot and add only Xperia with facebook, but after confirming all required fields nothing happens. I can only add original FB, but can't add xperia with facebook.

FB app is up to date.

Phone Xperia Z1 compact (all updates installed).

One time poster
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Dear Alexander,

I have the same (or at least a very similar problem). When I select "Activate now" however I get a new dialog where it states that "Xperia™ with Facebook would like to access your email address, custom friend lists, messages, News Feed, birthday, events, likes, photos, relationships, relationship interests, status updates and videos as well as your friends' birthdays, events, likes, photos, relationships, relationship interests and videos and post to your friends on your behalf." When I click OK on this however it just loads for a second and throws me back to the contact. And when I select the synced contact again, these to dialogs appears every time.

I tried what was suggested here without success. I also tried to remove Facebook from Settings->Accounts, before clearing the data and rebooting the phone. When the phone has rebooted I have tried adding Xperia™ with Facebook under Settings->Accounts. When I then sign in I get the same message as stated above, and also an Xperia™ with Facebook status in the status bar. But clicking OK here only adds the default Facebook account to Accounts under Setting. And the messages still reappear on the synced contacts.

It appears that the Xperia™ with Facebook integration isn't set up correctly.

Xperia Z1 Compact

Learner
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Same problem, I get the "Xperia with Facebook would like to accesss..." if I click OK is loads quicklythen I am back at my contact. But I get the message again next time I access any contact. really annoying.

Learner
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

I forgot to say I also tried the aforementioned suggestions without success, time to find a solution for this.

Btw in a compeletely unrellated matter, does anyone here know of anyway to get to the lock screen except for pushing the power button on the side, it's so tiny and there must be a simpler way.

Learner
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

An update to the problem, the same endless loop of "Do you want to connect to FaceBook" occurs in when trying to connects the photo albums feature.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Same problem any suggestions? tried everything I can think of!!!
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

You need to install facebook messenger.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

I was wondering what solved my problems haha, I had already installed it with a bunch of other apps the other day and the problem disappeared, had no idea that was the reason...