account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Regular
Message 71 of 620
Message 71 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Also experienced lagging on the notification while pulling down. But in my case, that problem was solved when i restart or reboot my phone.
Adviser
Message 72 of 620
Message 72 of 620

For those people affected by battery drain from Google Play Service, the fastest (and PAINFUL) solution is factory reset your Xperia Z. After reset my phone just use 9% battery after 2 hour (At least I can bring my phone go outside without extra batteries). Obviously it is a bug!

Before

Screenshot_2014-05-24-08-44-48.jpg

After

Screenshot_2014-05-25-19-37-22.jpg

Regular
Message 73 of 620
Message 73 of 620

Can anyone try replacing the lockscreen wallpaper? Mine cannot be changed to any photos. Even the pre-installed wallpapers. :-(
Adviser
Message 74 of 620
Message 74 of 620

Seems my earlier post has just disappeared.

If you continue to have issues after the update, run the factory reset!

Last night my battery was at 100% unplugged, this morning it was at 18%, with 86% battery usage from Google services. Someone else on here mentioned the factory reset, so I tried it and it worked. It updated some more apps, however Google Chrome stopped working. I uninstalled this then reinstalled and now it works fine. My keyboard was still lagging, but a friend suggested installing clean master, I downloaded this and it freed nearly 1GB of memory and resolved the issue. I just listened to music via my bluetooth headset and after about 20 mins, my battery was still 100%!

Now the only problem I have is I can't get on Music Unlimted as the server is undergoing maintenance, once that's back up it'll be better than ever!

Adviser
Message 75 of 620
Message 75 of 620

Follow the steps I just posted, I tested the wallpaper, using the first xperia wallpaper on the list to see if it works and it does.

Learner
Message 76 of 620
Message 76 of 620

Factory reset didn't work here. 

Battery is still draining because of Google Services and disabling G+ , gps, etc don't seem to work either.

Message 77 of 620
Message 77 of 620

Did you also try to disable google services?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 78 of 620
Message 78 of 620

That's strange. After I did the reset, Google services stopped automatically... Swipe text has just started to lag again though
One time poster
Message 79 of 620
Message 79 of 620

Rapid Battery Drain after update

Since last update two days ago - to software 4.4.2 - the battery on the phone is draining rapidly without significant use of the phone? WHY??? This is VERY anoying, and I´m NOT very satisfied at the moment. An upgrad should be an UPgrade, and not a DOWNgrade as this is right now!!! I demand a solution from SONY asap!!!

Mr. Eide

Norway

Message 80 of 620
Message 80 of 620

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after update

I am not sure it will help,but did you try a software repair?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.