account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Learner
Message 571 of 620
Message 571 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

@theantz wrote:

Hey ! 

I have upgraded my firmware too - 4.4.4 (build number 283)  

Usage of 14 Hours (2.5 hours of screen) - Wifi enabled all the time, played games, listened to songs etc, and battery left is 26%. Shows 8 hours of juice left - though I doubt that. 

Do the above numbers look OK ?  What was the fix/workaround being followed ? 

So the battery did died out - lasted around 18.5 hours total - with this being a weekend, it was down to almost negligible calls.   

I do understand that with the specs our phone has, it should not last longer, but I do expect atleast 1.5 days of backup I was getting before.  

Guys, do some tweaking around, and share if any of the workaround works.  

Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 572 of 620
Message 572 of 620

Pretty sad that Sony cannot handle a simple update. Even though am a Sony fan and have Xperia ZL , i dont think i want to update 4.4.4 soon reading all these sad reviews. i feel more depressed knowing i had myself updated my wife's Moto G to 4.4.4 over the air and its working flawlessly as before.

Guess Sony needs to drop its UI customisations and add-ons  for a smoother update experience.

One time poster
Message 573 of 620
Message 573 of 620

Has anyone complained to Sony and if they have, what answer did you get?
Learner
Message 574 of 620
Message 574 of 620

I have tinkered around, played around with settings, disabled this and that, stopped data access for almost the whole day, stopped playing games to increase battery life - but everything is making me miserable and not worth owing such a nice device. 

So finally, I have come down to a simple conclusion - I ENJOY my phone throughout the day, plug it in at night, and its ready for next 15 hours or so.   Wifi/Data is ON throughout, brightness at Auto/or 50%, play games when I can ...  Enough of feeling bad, and waiting for an update from Sony - which I think will never come....better still live with the fact that you'll have to charge it daily. 

Adviser
Message 575 of 620
Message 575 of 620

@theantz wrote:

I have tinkered around, played around with settings, disabled this and that, stopped data access for almost the whole day, stopped playing games to increase battery life - but everything is making me miserable and not worth owing such a nice device. 

So finally, I have come down to a simple conclusion - I ENJOY my phone throughout the day, plug it in at night, and its ready for next 15 hours or so.   Wifi/Data is ON throughout, brightness at Auto/or 50%, play games when I can ...  Enough of feeling bad, and waiting for an update from Sony - which I think will never come....better still live with the fact that you'll have to charge it daily. 

Same here... Worried Face

Learner
Message 576 of 620
Message 576 of 620

After major problems with power consumption of the 4.4.2 version I upgraded to 4.4.4 3 days ago. Now it seems to work as it did with 4.2. Before I did the 4.4.4 upgrade I had a long period with problems with 4.4.2. I also reinstalled a StockRom to 4.2, this worked perfectly and I tried the 4.4.2 again, but I got the same problems with power consumption. Now that I've upgraded to 4.4.4 it looks seemingly to operate normally, ie the same status as the 4.2. PS: I used the PC Companion, no option OTA. PS II: I now us high accuracy for positioning

2014-09-23 18.47.29.png

Learner
Message 577 of 620
Message 577 of 620

@pnoteng wrote:

After major problems with power consumption of the 4.4.2 version I upgraded to 4.4.4 3 days ago. Now it seems to work as it did with 4.2. 

Which means, as per your screenshot, approx 17/18 hours till it goes to 10% or so, right ?  If that is the case, then I am getting the same backup ... 

Message 578 of 620
Message 578 of 620

Black screen appear after unlock device in xperia zl after update 4.4.4.
Rookie
Message 579 of 620
Message 579 of 620

After the updating my Xperia Z to 4.4.4, I have a problem with bluetooth dropping connection to Car audio system when trying to use the phonebook.

I used to be able to connect via bluetooth to my car audio system, a Sony XAV 701 BT, and be able to use the phonebook, set presets on the car system from the phonebook, etc. but now as soon as I try to use the phonebook on via the Car Audion system screen, bluetooth disconnects and reconnects.

Also the play back volume keeps changing when playing songs from the phone via bluetooth to the same car system.

This was all working before the update to the phone.

Would be interested in a solution to fix these bluetooth issues.

Rookie
Message 580 of 620
Message 580 of 620

I have x z (c6603),,16 September my update center android 4.4.4 update showing, bt two days later android 4.4.4 update not showing my update center when I trying to update via pc companion it says I'm having the latest software bt my phone still running android 4.4.2 .. Still not show update... Now what I can do?