account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Talent
Message 41 of 620
Message 41 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

3 main bugs 

1 slow ui

2 heats up the device for no reason

3 batter drain

but have you guys notice camera dosent take oil paintings anymore it takes actual pictures but noise is still present in low light 

Learner
Message 42 of 620
Message 42 of 620

Re: Xperia Z KitKat (.230) audio stutters on headphones and camera is uber slow

And also the battery is drained really fast in the Xperia Z, i don´t know why an important company as Sony launch an update with all this errors, i was always happy with the Xperia Z performance but if they don´t fix this firmware i will have to get another phone, and it will not be a Sony.

Talent
Message 43 of 620
Message 43 of 620

If you get problems with the PC Companion software will repair
Visitor
Message 44 of 620
Message 44 of 620

Updated my phone yesterday and I put myphone in the cargerdock 10 pm last night and it had 14% left. At 3 am it was at 81%. Feels like it's charging the battery in slowmotion, it has always been at 100% before. Now after 30 minutes of almost no use it's down to 71%. Feels like everything around the battery is a disaster after the update.
Learner
Message 45 of 620
Message 45 of 620

I'm having the EXACT same issues. Why is Google Play Services taking so much battery life??

I would also add that Bluetooth is disconnecting after about 5 min of use. I have to reconnect and it will work for another 5 min.
Visitor
Message 46 of 620
Message 46 of 620

The split of the dropdown menu isn't userfriendly, I hate it, want the old one back...
Visitor
Message 47 of 620
Message 47 of 620

And not being able to save files really **bleep**.
Adviser
Message 48 of 620
Message 48 of 620

Horrible Battery Usage on Google Play Service after update 4.4.2

After update my Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 the battery usage is just horrible, I just switch my Wi-Fi on left my phone and sleep after 7 hour> It used up the battery almost 50%. And the Google Play Service is used 74% of it. And I feel the phone back panel is warm even I don’t use it.

I tried to reset the Google play service which does not help. Reset the phone is not an option for me right now. I have some order information in some instant messager which I can’t lose it.

Screenshot_2014-05-24-08-44-48.jpg

Rookie
Message 49 of 620
Message 49 of 620

C6603 in HK - Massive issues

- The battery drains very fast, i can stay only 3 / 4 hours in standby. I loose 10% of battery every 30 minutes

- The phone is super hot

- Google Play Services consume the battery, usuallt around 60 / 70 %

- The mic does not work, I can not answer voice calls (i do not hear the caller's voice)

I hope there will be a fix.

Visitor
Message 50 of 620
Message 50 of 620

Have updating my xperia z yesterday.this update kitkat have bugs.i realize when making call or other person calling me,the screen is completely turn off.so i cannot use any functionality during call.i event try to unlock the screen but it wont turn on. i only can on screen back after hang out the phone. it mean we cannot use smartphone or any functionality during phone call .does someone here have same problem like mine?