account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 431 of 620
Message 431 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Now on to bugs in 4.4.2

1. Google Play services drain battery in rapid manner,
2. Google location services stop working after some time - couple of hours,
3. Settings menu could be smoother,
4. Live wallpaper could be smoother,
5. can't move apps to SD card.

Visitor
Message 432 of 620
Message 432 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

I cant update my xoeria z to 4.4.4 whenever i try to update via sony companion it says "Unable to download your device software. please check your internet connection or try again later" my internet is working fine and i also checked the firewall its also allowed the companian and update manager to connect. attaching the error pic. HELP PLEASE Capture.PNG

Visitor
Message 433 of 620
Message 433 of 620

Xperia Z firmware update 10.5.1.A.0.283 cause com.android.phone crash

Today September 10, I updated the firmware on my xperia Z (C6603), and from that time the com.android.phone process does not work. Phone loses connection to the telephone network, is heated and the battery dies very quickly.

Please I need a solution. I already tried to restore factory settings, but the problem remains.

Enthusiast
Message 434 of 620
Message 434 of 620

4.4.4, XZR Nordic

Just updated, no visible changes/add-ons.
Adviser
Message 435 of 620
Message 435 of 620

Re: Xperia Z firmware update 10.5.1.A.0.283 cause com.android.phone crash

Just try to repair firmware using Sony Pc Companion Slightly smiling Face

I haven't updated my device yet because i got this kind of issue since the earlier release (4.4.2)...

One time poster
Message 436 of 620
Message 436 of 620

[FIXED]ZR: Cameras and flash led not working on 4.4.4

I received the 4.4.4 update today and updated with PC Companion, but after that, I noticed that cameras (both rear and front) aren't working, and also the Flash LED.
When I try to open the camera app, I get an "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" message.
I've already tried to make a clean firmware install, but it still doesn't work.
It used to work great on 10.5.A.0.230 though, so I'll flash that firmware back for now until someone helps me to solve this...
Xperia C5502

Any help is appreaciated, thanks in advance.
EDIT: nevermind, managed to fix it.

Rookie
Message 437 of 620
Message 437 of 620

Re: [FIXED]ZR: Cameras and flash led not working on 4.4.4

Bro, which country are you from. We are waiting for the update still.

Adept
Message 438 of 620
Message 438 of 620

Battery Drain? 4.4.4? Android System?

Just update my Xperia Z to new Android 4.4.4, but my Android System get high % and my battery drain so fast, near 1% per minit while on screen.

And also same after Factory Reset.

Anyone get some problem?

One time poster
Message 439 of 620
Message 439 of 620

Re: Battery Drain? 4.4.4? Android System?

Hello there. Please try 4.4.4 customised version for SA south Africa it doesn't have the battery problem l
One time poster
Message 440 of 620
Message 440 of 620

Re: Battery Drain? 4.4.4? Android System?

same goes with me. Basically android system for Sony smartphone is the main part of it. I have used xperia mini pro and same problems. I own a Samsung smartphone this problem does not appears. I'm not sure if Sony will tell us to wait for 3 days and above for the system to adapt. Confused