account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Talent
Message 341 of 620
Message 341 of 620

Re: About Kitkat 4.4.2

honest-to-goodness

Adviser
Message 342 of 620
Message 342 of 620

Re: GPS and location service problem after 4.4.2 update

yes... I am very disappointed too...

How could they update with such a series problem.... hope Google will work it out asap...

Regular
Message 343 of 620
Message 343 of 620

Re: Xperia ZR 4.4.2 issue

I have done the same thing twice same issue.

Please help me with someting new update.

One time poster
Message 344 of 620
Message 344 of 620

For all who are impacted by the serious batery drain: Set your location settings to "device only". It will allow you to use GPS positioning in Maps, runkeeper etc. whilst maintaining the newest Play Services (if you like to keep youtube etc) . Of course, indoors without GPS you're screwed.

@Sony: Disgrace is a very accurate description of what's going on here. This problem is clearly between your blobs and the Google Services. There are custom ROMS out there with that combination without all the other Sony Apps, and they are showing the same behaviour. And you think it's a "solution" to tell people to downgrade their Google Play Services?

Is buying a mobile battery pack to recharge your phone also a solution? You neither provide any proper updates on the progess nor do you seem to care that much.

Releasing the sources was a nice thing to do, and defenitely the right thing to do, but if there are bugs in your core products with core Android devices this is absulutely useless.

This is not worthy of someone claiming to sell premium products. And this is defenitely not a recommendation for follow up purchases.

Adviser
Message 345 of 620
Message 345 of 620

Exactly... Sony, it was the "flagship" model about 1.5 year ago. Although there are already 2 newer flagships, it doesn't mean you could ignore your previous product. Please fix it ASAP SONY!!!

Learner
Message 346 of 620
Message 346 of 620

bluetooth issue xperia zl

I recently updated the OS. I am now on Android version 4.4.2, build number 10.5.A.0.320.

I am facing two problems after this upgrade

1. the bluetooth keeps resetting. when i connect to the car audio system using bluetooth, on a 40 min drive it will disconnect at least 4-5 times. I have to then manually reconnect it

2. location wifi has stopped working even though I am in the vicinity of the same network. I have to manually turn on the wifi

I am not sure if this is related to the OS upgrade, but I am facing this ever since I did the upgrade.

Please advise.

Visitor
Message 347 of 620
Message 347 of 620

Re: bluetooth issue xperia zl

Have you tried hard reseting for you phone?

Also if that does not works then you can repair your phone using sony pc suite. What is does is install a fresh copy on android onto your phone.

Even if that doesnt work out then you may need to rollback to previous version of android or wait till company releases a new path for your current version.

Talent
Message 348 of 620
Message 348 of 620

Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade

This is the latest update on battery drain issue that people are facing with 4.4.2.

soom may we get an update 4.4.4 with work around. 

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/559760/20140721/sony-xperia-z-android-4-2-kitkat.htm#.U80Npvm4X94

------------------------

Future Firmware

Android 4.4.4 KitKat is definitely coming on Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z according to their software upgrade plan. Users simply need to be patient until it is ready for rollout which already began on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.

Here are the details from Sony Mobile on what users of Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z may expect on Android 4.4.4 KitKat version:

1.      Android 4.4.4 including the latest enhancements and security updates from Google

2.      Updated and improved camera experience

3.      Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, music streaming and Google+

4.      The latest versions of our Sony apps for you to enjoy

5.      All of our latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements

--------------------------------------

Adviser
Message 349 of 620
Message 349 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

I'm having couple of issues after the upgrade to 4.4.2!

1.Bluetooth (smart wireless pro), doesn't work well with power amp or built in music player.music doesn't resume when connect to Bluetooth,some times they won't pair,so have to restart phone to work(restart headset doesn't work).
2. The phone is leggy after a while!so a reboot once or twice a day just because if the lag!
3.sometimes when people call me it's like my phone is off,all I get is a sms message from voice mail.
4.when I call people or people call me I cannot hear anything, so can't they!.so I have to reboot my phone 3-4 times a day on top of the other reboots I have done already!

I know the issue is Android,since 3 of my other friends have same issue after the update ( 1 have Samsung, 1 have z2).

Why didn't Sony stop the update????

Full factory reset didn't help for me...

My Z is now useless, and all I can do is to surf with it!playing games makes it extremely hot!

Br
Unhappy 10 years Sony user!
One time poster
Message 350 of 620
Message 350 of 620

problems with my ZL

Hi

Im having issues with me cel... its workin fine but suddenly it says "googleappsstopworkin" "home xperia stop working" then all my apps stop working !! and i cant do anything with the cellphone. i turn it off and wait like 10 minutes then i turn it on, everything looks good but 4 minutes later! the messages keep appearend.. "home xperia stop working" google services, gmail, everythin with google and xperia stop working.. i decided to repair the phone with PCC... but it didnt work... also when i did this the software install the new update! 4.4.2... now the phone cant even turn on!! when i press the power button it only shows... "SONY" the next sign should be "XPERIA" and then the waves of colors but NO!!! it only shows "sony" and the it freezes... and reboot again to show sony... is kinda a LOOP of rebootin!!! I did the PCC repair like 4 times! and the same thing !! nothing works!! im goin crazy! i love this phone is awesome but i dont know what is happening... is like day 5 without phone!! SOME ONE HELP ME PLZ!

SORRY BOUT MY ENGLISH