account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Message 21 of 620
Message 21 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

after EACH UPDATE.the PHONE TAKES A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SETTLE WITH THE NEW SETTINGS..it is obvious CAUSE KITKAT SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW FOR THE JELLY BEAN MOBILE..THE PHONE HAS TO ADOPT CAUSING IT TO HEAT UP(WHICH IS NORMAL IN XPERIA Z) ..HEATING UP IN ANY SMARTPHONE WILL CAUSE A HUGE BATTERY DRAIN.. PLEASE WAIT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL

*SORRY FOR THE CAPS (TECH ISSUE)

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 620
Message 22 of 620

In settings menu i turned off wi-fi,but it seems dont turn off at all.its only getting off when phone is on flight mode.look at the screeen shot,

sorry for my bad english :smileysmileywink:Screenshot_2014-05-23-06-26-19.png

any one have this problem?

Visitor
Message 23 of 620
Message 23 of 620

I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE ANDROID 4.4.2 ON MY XPERIA ZL (6502) COSTA RICA FREE HELP AS I DO LAST UPDATE 4.3 ME JUST APPEARED AND WAS RELEASED THIS TIME WITH NO 4.4 .... HELP!!!!!

Regular
Message 24 of 620
Message 24 of 620

Cool... So, Google introduces App to SD several versions ago, and now practically prohibit this. I call for idiotism. Especially, because what harm can an internal SD cark cause what an external USB storage can't?

Sometimes I feel Google creates something good, and after that systematically make it worst. See: in Jelly Bean, e.g. Angry Bird backup programs haven't got permission. Google maps are slower and harder to use, etc...

So, now what the SD card can be used for? As a ROM it is quite extravagant, I think. And perhaps, this makes some bigger games unusable, if there are not enough internal memory in the phone, doesn't?

Adept
Message 25 of 620
Message 25 of 620

@NAYAN_GOKULL after EACH UPDATE.the PHONE TAKES A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SETTLE WITH THE NEW SETTINGS..it is obvious CAUSE KITKAT SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW FOR THE JELLY BEAN MOBILE..THE PHONE HAS TO ADOPT CAUSING IT TO HEAT UP(WHICH IS NORMAL IN XPERIA Z) ..HEATING UP IN ANY SMARTPHONE WILL CAUSE A HUGE BATTERY DRAIN.. PLEASE WAIT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL

Sorry,thats rubbish, i don't believe that for one minute, 1 reboot maybe 2 at the most, there is something majorly wrong with the OS for battery usage on google play services to have jumped to 92% usage. It needs acknowledging and fixing by Google \ Sony , and it isn't a problem confined to sony devices. Apart from that pretty big issue, good update.

Edit - After further testing, i've turned off google now and removed Chrome, and battery usage on google play services isdropping, from 92% to 83%, i'm assuming that will keep dropping throughout the day. Give it a whirl and try it yourself. if it does, i'll reinstall chrome and see what happens.

Talent
Message 26 of 620
Message 26 of 620

@NAYAN_GOKULL wrote:

after EACH UPDATE.the PHONE TAKES A COUPLE OF DAYS TO SETTLE WITH THE NEW SETTINGS..it is obvious CAUSE KITKAT SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW FOR THE JELLY BEAN MOBILE..THE PHONE HAS TO ADOPT CAUSING IT TO HEAT UP(WHICH IS NORMAL IN XPERIA Z) ..HEATING UP IN ANY SMARTPHONE WILL CAUSE A HUGE BATTERY DRAIN.. PLEASE WAIT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND EVERYTHING WILL GO BACK TO NORMAL

Forgive me, but this is a most inane response. Phones don't "settle".  The OS drives the firmware and the firmware drives the phone. Battery use is not a "settling" issue.

As inconvenient as it may be, best practices when upgrading an OS is to do a clean install. What you may be experiencing is one or more installed applications not being fully kitkat compatible. Clean install gives a pristine platform onto which you can install/reinstall apps.

But please stop with the "phone has to settle" drivel.

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
One time poster
Message 27 of 620
Message 27 of 620

My XPERIA Z after upgrade to 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230, first by upgrade option, next using phone repair) restarts itselft sometimes with no visilble root cause. It's very strage behaviour.

Visitor
Message 28 of 620
Message 28 of 620

Ever since the update I am only receiving audio through my headphones including phone calls, Walkman, video etc. repairing the phone with PC companion is not an option as my USB connector not longer works and I charge the phone with the charging dock.

I hope this is just a fixable bug or I'll be forever wearing headphones!
Visitor
Message 29 of 620
Message 29 of 620

Xperia Z KitKat (.230) audio stutters on headphones and camera is uber slow

The KitKat update has made camera superbly slow (manual mode), after taking a snap, the camera seems to take 1 sec to save the pic, compared to instantly which we have in android 4.3. 

The Recent kitkat update also caused excessive, if not unacceptable (actually even 1 stutter per song is unacceptable when i paid so much for this phone), stuttering when using headphones.

If this is Sony's plan, which is Operation Let's Release A Crappy Update So That People Buy Z2, then, BRAVO SONY, BRAVO, i might never buy another xperia phone again, even samsung does a better and FASTER job at releasing firmware updates WITH LESS BUGS. 

Would you like to clarify on this, Sony Xperia Team? Or will it be more like "i'm so sorry about your problem, but go blame google and qualcomm, here is a link to buy the Z2" ?

Sincerely,
Disappointed Sony Customer that thought Sony was a better choice compared to Samsung And HTC.

Visitor
Message 30 of 620
Message 30 of 620

Camera has faster shutter speed, yes, but CRAPPY SLOW picture saving speed, now after we take a pic, we need to wait longer til we can snap again.

Audio stutter when using headphones is so **bleep** terrible.

Overall, kitkat lags more than jellybean.

Congratz sony, Operation Buy Z2 successful, also "let's blame google, it's google's fault"