account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 620
Message 51 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Battery performance has significantly deteriorated. It is draining 20% per hour with minimal activity.

At least for my phone, the culprit appears to be Google Play Service. It is eating the battery alive, consuming anywhere from 70% to 90% of the battery. Also the phone is always awake, according to the battery usage meter. It also gets hot faster.

The phone right now is simply unusable!

I'm looking for instructions to downgrade to Jellybean.
Regular
Message 52 of 620
Message 52 of 620

Fallback is not needed,

Maybe update google relate app to latest or factory reset can solve you issue

I did not find such issue.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Android-4-4-on-Xperia-ZL/m-p/693649#U693649

Adviser
Message 53 of 620
Message 53 of 620

I got the update yesterday for my Xperia Z and like everyone else, battery drain is an issue (Was using the phone while charging and got a message saying that my charging device wasn't charging the phone quick enough, it's the stock charger and never had any issue before). Even just checking my Facebook for a min it dropped to 97% from 100% while plugged in.

I had an Iron-Man Live wallpaper, which worked fine on 4.2, but every time I unlocked the phone it would take a few seconds to load. Eventually took it off, and now I no longer experience lag on the keyboard, which wasn't an issue until yesterday.

I've also noticed Google services seems to be using a lot of the battery.

Not liking having to change tabs to get to settings, was easier when they were just there, having 2 tabs doesn't do anything to help.

I think the UI looks slicker, love the additional emoticons, but these are secondary to performance. I hope these issues are rectified quickly.

Inhabitant
Message 54 of 620
Message 54 of 620

4.4 camera quality

hi, did sony improve camera in 4.4 ?

- blurrines

- colours

- sound recording

-  ext.....

Learner
Message 55 of 620
Message 55 of 620

Are just my phone who dont get the update to kitkat? My phone is xperia zl c6502, my costum ver is 1272_0739, can u help me to check it?, iam so sorry for my question in here
Message 56 of 620
Message 56 of 620

battery problem is not actually a probelm..the phone is getting used to the new firmware..it takes a few days for the phone to adopt completely..have patience : )..if the problem is still preserved after a week..a factory reset r firmware repair is mandatory...

Learner
Message 57 of 620
Message 57 of 620

Experienced the same problems after the kitkat update. Try to restart your phone it will work a lil bit.
Learner
Message 58 of 620
Message 58 of 620

May Z sometimes have a problem when opening the screen, when i'm pushing the power button. It takes 2-5 push of power button to open the screen. Does some of you guys experience thi??
Adviser
Message 59 of 620
Message 59 of 620

Hi!
Upgraded my c6603 into kitkat yesterday using SUS , and Google Services is pain for the battery (72% after 10hours) compared to my Netflix app that only took 18% after 8 hours of tv-series viewing (switching episodes and the phone mainly in locked screen). Never experienced anything like this on any previous upgrade, so people who claim that phone have to get used to the new systemsoftware.....I just dont belive you. I've never seen no other customer- device that got that kind of AI.
I drained 20% of battery in reading these 6 pages and by typing this post.
It's a BUG.
Talent
Message 60 of 620
Message 60 of 620

Re: 4.4 camera quality

Didn't received the update yet Slightly frowning Face