account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
nth
Regular
Message 291 of 620
Message 291 of 620

Xperia extremely slow....

I recently updated to kitkat 4.4.2 .

When i wanna type a word,even the keypad opens slowly.The applications as well as the notification screen is showing a slowness.The ram is 2 gb but no use in it.

Even the moto e is faster and even better.Is  ter a solution of degrading.Or sony is planning for any other option.

Master
Message 292 of 620
Message 292 of 620

Re: Xperia extremely slow....

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried running the phone in safe mode? If not, you should give it a try: press on/off button until the menu pops up, then press and hold on on/off option. The phone will now restart in safe mode without any 3rd party apps. This to see if there are any apps that causes these issues.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 293 of 620
Message 293 of 620

Re: priblem batterie after upgrade 4.2.2 kit kat

Screenshot_2014-07-07-11-03-01.png 

please help...

I have an Xperia Z Android Kikat 4.4.2 and Services Google Play 5.0.84

When I restart the phone it's like good for maybe 1 day and after high consumption of batterie restarted. I have tested factory reset but nothing changes.

Inhabitant
Message 294 of 620
Message 294 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Lag in setting menu, there is lag sometimes while changing the wallpaper and unlocking the phone. slow and laggy menus batter consumes when applied air live wallpaper.   

Enthusiast
Message 295 of 620
Message 295 of 620

Xperia Z (C6602) India Software Upgrade News..All other xperia model issues, please avoid this Post.

Dear All, This Thread is specially opened to address the issues and delays relating to Xperia Z (C6602) devices only. Any other Xperia models discussion, please avoid posting here... 

Xperia Z
C6602
Commissioner
Message 296 of 620
Message 296 of 620

Re: Xperia extremely slow....

I had sluggish phone too. I did a factory reset after the KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade.

Learner
Message 297 of 620
Message 297 of 620

Battery drain issue

Tried the repair option suggested by Sam of Sony - no improvement. Very unhappy with this Sony product, may pay to terminate early and replace it.

Learner
Message 298 of 620
Message 298 of 620

Lag in XPERIA ZL after Kitkat update

im from india and i updated my ZL to kitkat version  two days back. The phone has become dead slow in performance and response.  When  i had jelly bean some games like blood and glory for instance ,where working flawlessly in my mobile and the same game after updating to kitkat has become so lagging that the whole game stucks in few seconds and i have to press the home button everytime to come out . Why thsi is happening ? Does anyone face the same issue ? Any suggestions to overcome this ?

Talent
Message 299 of 620
Message 299 of 620

Re: Lag in XPERIA ZL after Kitkat update

you could try booting in safe mode to see if it is a software issue

a bit more detailed it would be if you installed juiceSSH or some other terminal emulator and run the top command to see what programs are using the cpu

Learner
Message 300 of 620
Message 300 of 620

Re: Lag in XPERIA ZL after Kitkat update

" you could try booting in safe mode to see if it is a software issue " -  how do i do this  ?