account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 611 of 620
Message 611 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

Need help. I get trouble with my message app. Sometimes it get lag and i dont know the problem yet. Note: I always clean up my message history, so I guess Its not because of ran out of memory. Thanks
Forum Legend
Message 612 of 620
Message 612 of 620

Re: AN OBITUARY TO THE COMPANY WHOM I ONCE ADORED - FROM AN EX-FAN.

Sorry to hear this but you would need to contact Xperia care as this a user led support forum however did you try a system repair? http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 613 of 620
Message 613 of 620

After 4.4.4 update my xperia z is lagging(specifically xperia keyboard,setting, wifi signal became poor,and my phones charge is draining fast..solution please..
Apprentice
Message 614 of 620
Message 614 of 620

I have same problem on screen blink and accelerometer. When I open the lock screen it always turning black for a sec and then shows home wallpaper. And when I open the maps app, it always showing like that I'm turning around, or shows 30-45° west/east.
Visitor
Message 615 of 620
Message 615 of 620

I'm using Kitkat 4.4.4 10.5.1.A.0.292, and my XZ is lagging, even when I'm using whatsapp only.

And my phone run very slow, taking more time when opening an app, and there's a delay when I typing. Around .5-1 second delay, It feels like using an old phone Face with stuck-out Tongue

The battery draining really fast.

I tried to force gpu, disable all animation in developer option, suggestion from Rickard, but unfortunately nothing works, my phone still slow.

Please update the room Sony Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 616 of 620
Message 616 of 620

I am just mentioning the steps i had taken to solve my problem of my Xperia ZL not starting up ,after my bitter experience of visiting the Sony service centers in person.

1. I wrote an email to the Sony customer care fully detailing my problem.

Their Response (copy pasted unedited)

"Greetings from Sony Xperia support.
We value the importance of your concern and regret the inconvenience caused.

As per your query, we would like to inform you Xperia Z phones of individual customer are not serviced. In the unfortunate event of failure of the phone, for faster solution to the customer, we exchange the phone. To maintain quality and reliability of the product, the phones are serviced at our central workshop.
 In case of phone damaged due to external causes, the service cost to the customer becomes more than the cost of the product. This is the reason, we offered you to exchange the phone with a new unit."

2. My Counter Reply to the above email  -
Thanks for the reply.
I regret to inform you that it's not a true exchange. In fact I need to BUY a new Sony phone with 20% discount which I think is unacceptable. Why should I BUY again????
The discount %age should be higher as you have not informed the customer regarding such high service charge prior to purchase.
And yes ,this enormous service charge which you have mentioned, should be informed to the new customer on the date of purchase including the exchange policy.
What guarantee is that the new phone am BUYING is not a refurbished one? 

3.Their Response : -

"Greetings from Sony Xperia support.
We value the importance of your concern.

In response to your query, we would like to inform you that we are arranging a call back for you in next 48 hours from our relevant department. Kindly allow us with the time."

This was FIVE days ago and i have not yet got ANY call. My phone remains switched on 24 X 7.

4. In the meantime i tried to UPDATE and REPAIR my phone using SONY PC COMPANION.      The update and repair went smoothly as shown by PC companion. BUT my phone wont start. It wont get past the Sony logo and switches off even after charging it for full 12 hrs.

Also i used FLASHTOOL software as a last resort to flash with stock ROM for my handset. Interestingly it went smoothly. Flashtool showed me Flashing was successful, BUT the problem remained. My phone wont start.

So i suppose its a hardware issue. Now where do i go ? Just for the incompetency of the service center i need to give away my phone just to BUY another new phone from them.

IS THIS JUSTIFIED???

Talent
Message 617 of 620
Message 617 of 620

Hi gr8gizmoguru,

I understand your concern with ZL as co buyer of the phone. I got the problem with in year of purchage and it was under warranty.

For SONY and atleast for XPERIA zl, any issue..., there is no spare parts available. Only alternative sony provide is replacement with xperia Z. 

For get about your 35,000 INR. Its your mistake of spending that much amount on a phone and you bought a sony ZL phone for which they are actually supporting the product even under warranty.

Now here come for what you can fight for..

1. If you carry warrany for ZL still, ask for replacement. They have to provide a refurbished phone without charging from you.

2. If you want a new phone of different model, based on warranty condition, they ask you % of money.

3. If you do not want any of above ask your phone back.

4. cann't do anything without warranty. Its not sony's fault.

if you carry warranty, and you are not satisfied, go for CC. 

please note that writing mail or calling toll free number did not help me anything.. I mean "NOTHING". 

So I called head office and got area manager and co-ordinated with him. I was lucky that at least area manager/regional manager showed more concern about my issue than SONY and SONY SUPPORT CENTER.

So try to catch right person or leave it for god.

Apprentice
Message 618 of 620
Message 618 of 620

Thanks for taking time to read my plight and suggest possible actions @srids . My take --

For get about your 35,000 INR. Its your mistake of spending that much amount on a phone and you bought a sony ZL phone for which they are actually supporting the product even under warranty.  -  There are phones costlier than what i spent. In fact this was the first phone in which i spent so much. I was using Sony Ericsson phone for more than a decade. SE T200, SE k530, SE w810i, SE w705, Neo V...in fact this was my first 'SONY' branded phone, and i bought it thinkin it would be future-proof with the assured updates. So you can say its kinda passion. People spend lakhs n crores in BMWs, Audis, and Nissans just for passion, even when they can take a taxi. So technically the word MISTAKE is out of context here.

Now here come for what you can fight for..

1. If you carry warrany for ZL still, ask for replacement. They have to provide a refurbished phone without charging from you. - Phone out of warranty. just 1.5 yrs

2. If you want a new phone of different model, based on warranty condition, they ask you % of money. - Thats what they offered. 20% discount on any Sony branded phone, which i feel is grossly inadeqaute and daylight robbery. The discount is also on MRP and not on street price or e-retailers price which is lower for any model.  And why should i buy a new phone again with such pitiful discount when i know they will use the parts of my Xperia ZL in other refurbished models which i will not be handed over as my warranty is over. (just like organ donations from human cadavers) 

3. If you do not want any of above ask your phone back. -  i brought it back home and using it as a paperweight for the time being.

4. cann't do anything without warranty. Its not sony's fault.  - Its purely Sony's fault for not mentioning the NO REPAIR policy if out of warranty , at the time of purchase to the customer (as i have brought it from SONY EXCLUSIVE showroom) . Then i wouldnt have bought the phone and would have gone for models where i can expect some repair/service.

i am trying to contact the area manager of my city but i doubt he/she will able to do anything as its the company policy not his/hers own.

Still thanks for  replying and your suggestions. At least you suggested which the service center people should have done.

Message 619 of 620
Message 619 of 620

How can i transfere the apps to the Sd cars without rooting my device?
Please help me
Apprentice
Message 620 of 620
Message 620 of 620

@gr8gizmoguru wrote:

Pretty sad that Sony cannot handle a simple update. Even though am a Sony fan and have Xperia ZL , i dont think i want to update 4.4.4 soon reading all these sad reviews. i feel more depressed knowing i had myself updated my wife's Moto G to 4.4.4 over the air and its working flawlessly as before.

Guess Sony needs to drop its UI customisations and add-ons  for a smoother update experience.

About the „perfect” Moto G. I have both phones (ZL and Moto G 2013). After Lollipop update for Moto G, everithing is worse (performance issues, multitasking). KK was better for G. 

In terms of multitasking, Moto G is worse than ZL => background apps restars and reloading. Chrome makes the Moto G to FC other background apps like Google Music or TuneIn. At this date I don't recomend 1 GB of RAM android device for daily multitasking at all! Take this advice and keep in mind that I'm not a gamer at all (played just Limbo and some easy games on both phones). 

My ZL had some performance issues after the updates to 4.4.4 but I made a repair (reinstalling the original ROM) and everithing is smooth (most of times). The battery seems to be the same.

I observed also that sometimes the phone starts to be slow (I don't know what triggers) but the solution is a simple restart. When this occurs, the simptoms are simple, slow keyboard reaction is one of them. There must be an app or something like this that slows down the system. Not sure (I made already a repair).