account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 601 of 620
Message 601 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

Just recived a new experia z set it up and will only turn on then switches off and on again.

Message 602 of 620
Message 602 of 620

Remove the SIM,does the same occur?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 603 of 620
Message 603 of 620

I need update lollipop for xperia ZR...please help, mi phone is free
One time poster
Message 604 of 620
Message 604 of 620

After update my Xperia z the ear speaker doesn't working
Enthusiast
Message 605 of 620
Message 605 of 620

I hope they will bring the ability to move apps to SD especially for Xperia ZR. 4.5 GB is just not enough.

Apprentice
Message 606 of 620
Message 606 of 620

My Xperia Z was a great phone before I updated it to 4.4.4. Now the earpiece is not working. During call, it does not work. I have to press hard on the top of the phone many times to make it work. My phonebs warranty is over. Now I use it only for Internet surfing. What to do? Please help me. Is it a hardware problem os will be fixed when next update will come? Can anybody suggest? Please?
One time poster
Message 607 of 620
Message 607 of 620

i updated my My xperia zr to 4.4.4,it went reasonable for weeek, now suddenly it gets heaten up like anything, accompanied by a severe battery drain. even while viewing the photos for few minutes or browsing for few mins , it goes to around 38 to 40 degree from 33 degree.  and regarding the battery drain, even with 2g the battery loses 1% every two mins .the standby has come to around 15 hours with only few calls and nothing else.  battery drain  is always accompanied by heating. Is this software issue or something related to hardware???

Thanks in advance.

One time poster
Message 608 of 620
Message 608 of 620

my xperia z have updated to latest os which 4.4.4. i do enjoy it but it have a little problem which lagging on the lockscreen. whenever i unlock the lockscreen, it will take time about 1 second (or less) to show the current wallpaper. it show black screen on that time. sometime its doesnt happen but after a while it happen again. does anyone having the same problem?
i do love my xperia z.help
One time poster
Message 609 of 620
Message 609 of 620

hi everyone, i had the same problem with battery on my sony zr, i tried everything such uninstall google services update etc. but when i turned off stamina mode it's great. i think that stamina wanted to turned off some android feature, but it again and again turned on, cause of this battery went low

One time poster
Message 610 of 620
Message 610 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

@elpelaracing wrote:

Yo tengo un Xperia ZL C6506, y desde que lo actualicé tengo problemas de sobrecalentamiento en aplicaciones que uso habitualmente y antes no se sobrecalentaba. Hay una merma de rendimiento y/o velocidad. Cuando lo actualicé, la memoria micro SD quedó inutilizable. La batería se descarga excesivamente rápido, y para colmo hoy el celular se reinició 3 veces y mostro un cartel en donde decía que me contacte con el servicio técnico de Sony porque tenía graves problemas con la batería. Aclaro que lo actualice con la OTA Oficial.

Tambien tengo problemas con el acelerometro. Que rota la pantalla en cualquier momento. La solucion parcial que hice es desactivar la autorotacion, pero creo que deberían dar otra solución.

I have an Xperia ZL C6506, and since I have upgraded overheating problems in applications that normally use and not overheated before. There is a loss of efficiency and / or speed. When upgraded, the micro SD memory was unusable. The battery discharges too fast, and on top today resumed cell 3 times and showed a sign saying where I contact the Sony service because I had serious problems with the battery. Clarified that the Official OTA update.

Also I have problems with the accelerometer. That rotates the screen at any time. The partial solution I did is disable autorotation, but I think they should give another solution.