account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Message 591 of 620
Message 591 of 620

Re: review after my update to 4.4.4 in xperia zr.positive!

PS i am using it for 20 days ; wifi whatsapp music games browsing ;solid more than one day battery!
Learner
Message 592 of 620
Message 592 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

Does anybody know if there is going to be an uptdate to this awful kitkat version 10.5.1.a.0.283. I can't stand it!!! Full of bugs, glitches and lags, even after complete wipeout and two repairs via pc companion same thing again and again! I feel utterly upset!
Adviser
Message 593 of 620
Message 593 of 620

I was happy with Jelly Bean, but after my Xperia Z was sent to Sony for repairs, it came back 'upgraded' to Kit Kat 4.4.4 (10.5.1.A.0.283). Main difference I notice is that everything goes much slower. It generally lags in every activity.

Edit: after a few days the phone has become a lot more responsive. Quite reasonable now.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 594 of 620
Message 594 of 620

The next update will be Lollipop

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 595 of 620
Message 595 of 620

Hi, guys my xperia z is heating up very fast whenever i play games, using 3g and even clicking photos for about 60 second so please help me out....
One time poster
Message 596 of 620
Message 596 of 620

I'm having the same problem on my xperia zl. Updated it a couple days ago and my cam is so different it **bleep**. I loved my zl for the.beautiful pictures it would take now im angry cause of all the noise in the pic. Please fix it, prefere having the original version of the cam, it was way better than this.
One time poster
Message 597 of 620
Message 597 of 620

could not install problem while uodating to kitkat. also when i use pc companion it shows that your phone is up to date. any solution ?  please guide me 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 598 of 620
Message 598 of 620

@mannbhullar7

It sounds like the update may not be available for your phone yet. The update is rolled out gradually and may need local and operator approvals before we can release it so it's not released for all phones at the same time.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 599 of 620
Message 599 of 620

1. Cannot synch music to my phone now - just get a pink bar 'synch error' in Bridge for Mac. Before this update, it was fine.

2. Cannot connect to home wi-fi - authentication problem, when before this update, it was fine.

3. Cannot access the last photo in my phone to transfer to my main computer via 'import photos from your Xperia device' on Bridge for mac - before this update, it was fine.

Rookie
Message 600 of 620
Message 600 of 620

After my update to 4.4.4 bluetooth stopped working and phone does not recognize tht ear phones are plugged out..

making calls have become very tuff.. handed over my phone to xperia care team.. they told that they will replace it with a refurbished phone due to mother board problem..

will refurbished phone be in a good condition..?? really worried about it..  anyone else who has a refurbished phone from sony...  Slightly frowning Face