account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Learner
Message 581 of 620
Message 581 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

Now it's worst, touch screen is giving lots of problems
I even type properly,
After updating 4.4:4 on my zr
Pls help me out
Message 582 of 620
Message 582 of 620

After update of abdroid 4.4.4
My battery drain more quickly ... i notified that OPERATING SYSTEM ANDROID KITKAT 4.4.4. taking 60% battery
Apprentice
Message 583 of 620
Message 583 of 620

On my Xperia ZR, strangely, 4.4.4 is really smooth and I had no issues with bluetooth or wifi. I used to use Jellybean 4.1.2 before. But when the 4.4.4 update came out, I knew that due to change of stock kernels, I had to make a full wipe. So I backed up my internal as well as my external storage and did a factory restore on 4.1.2. Finally I flashed 4.4.4 via PC Companion. It took some time but it was way better than OTA updates as they flash the ftf file directly. And Kitkat was a breeze. First I did a fresh setup and added my google accounts and updated the apps, especially Google Play Services. After the updates, I cleared the data and cache of Google Play Services and Google Play itself. I also disabled auto update via wifi on Play Store. And finally when restoring my backup, I only restored my Photos videos and other personal folders, not the "Android" or "Android secure" folders as they did have data on apps in 4.1.2. After that, and finally tweaking a few settings and the White Balance to get rid of my yellowish tinge, I finally made my phone smooth and saved a lot of juice as well. Now my ZR runs for a full day with a complete charge and with moderate use like Wifi On always, Backlight at auto, location disabled (I don't use it that much, except on GMaps) and with a few videos, music and games like Asphalt 7. I haven't faced any issues on Bluetooth and Wifi, so I guess I did it right. Maybe, you can follow my steps to get rid of the issue. Slightly smiling Face

P.S.- I'm from India and have the C5502 model.

Rookie
Message 584 of 620
Message 584 of 620

Hi rtm619,

Sounds like a good plan. I will give it a try when I get a chance. The bluetooth issue is an annoyance more then anything at the moment, but once I get some spare time I will give what you suggest a go unless they have fixed before then with another update.

Apprentice
Message 585 of 620
Message 585 of 620

help!..after update my ZL to 4.4.4 at pc companion my ZL keeps restarting..help help...

Highlighted
Regular
Message 586 of 620
Message 586 of 620

does anyone have the 4.4.4 update in the uk on tmobie/ee yet?

Apprentice
Message 587 of 620
Message 587 of 620

Here is my Battery Usage Screenshot. As you can see, the Battery usage is quite good and I get a full day of moderate usage. I deactivated some of Google's apps like Google Play Newsstand, Play Movies, Play Books, Hangouts and Drive because I never use them in the first place. I suggest people who have been facing battery drain issues to reflash 4.4.4 via PC Companion while backing up their data and finally do a Factory Reset before flashing. Install 4.4.4 cleanly, and maybe you'll get more battery time like me. Cheers!

Battery Usage on my ZR in 4.4.4

Regular
Message 588 of 620
Message 588 of 620

After  update 4.4.4  My Xperia ZR Heats Up Quick in normal uses no game no video I played . please fix this problem

Visitor
Message 589 of 620
Message 589 of 620

I miss my binary clock.... Crying Face

Message 590 of 620
Message 590 of 620

review after my update to 4.4.4 in xperia zr.positive!

The update version 10.5.1.A.0.283 is the latest kitkat version available to date. This version is really good in terms of performance, batter life and look.
Ppl can rely n go for this update.
Cons: 1. Still unable to move apps to sd card
2. Now moving file to external storage can b only done through pc connect.( google kitkat security update)

Sony pls do work on this app to sd card option fr more satisfied customer. Gudd update, expectingg more with upcoming lollipop :-)