account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Learner
Message 551 of 620
Message 551 of 620

Re: 4.4.4 update / Overheating and ridicolous battery life

ME TOO!

Learner
Message 552 of 620
Message 552 of 620

Google Services draining battery Xperia Z

Please help. My google services is draining my battery (currently using 93%). I've not done anything, no updates or anything but it did happen briefly when i updated last. I posted a message adn was was advised to disable my google services which i did and it worked. My problem is i cant find my original message and cant remember how i did it. I cant simply goonto my google services and disable as it wont allow me to disable it. PLease help!!! I'm getting about 4 hours standby atm and everything is turned off!!!

Forum Legend
Message 553 of 620
Message 553 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Whats with the capitals - That's considered rude as it denotes shouting

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 554 of 620
Message 554 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Hi im tryng to upgrade to 10.5.1.A.0.283 on my xperia Z the upgrade icon disappeared from my phone (it wasn't happening OTA either) and im trying to upgrade using the pc companion and it says that i have the latest software???? 

SOny can you please tell me whats happening. 

Im using this phone in Mumbai, India

One time poster
Message 555 of 620
Message 555 of 620

Re: 4.4.4 update / Overheating and ridicolous battery life

Hi,

I have updated my Sony Xperia Z to 4.4.4 Version and now have multiple issues with the applications getting hung . Battery issue is the worst as it decreases even if it is in standby mode. Can you please look in to it ASAP and provide an resolution?

Thanks,

SSK

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 556 of 620
Message 556 of 620

Xperia zr 4.4.4 problems

I updated my Xperia zr to android 4.4.4 two days back...
Following issues have come up since
1. Data and WiFi stop working when Bluetooth is on
2. Excessive battery drain - android system using upto 50% battery n phone keeps awake
3. Phone heating up
4. Phone has become very slow n Laggy

As it is the mic stopped working after the previous update and now this... My phone's become completely useless! So very disheartening... Have always used Sony phones and this really shakes my confidence in the phones!
Regular
Message 557 of 620
Message 557 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

Recently I upgraded to 4.4.4 and facing a weird problem. Whenever I play a song on Walkman it drops its artwork onto Album, so I have to delete them from Album every single time. What might be causing this?
Commissioner
Message 558 of 620
Message 558 of 620

Volume in Walkman much lower after upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.4 on Sony Xperia ZR. How to make it louder. Basically full volume in headset is equivalent to half what it used to be on Kitkat 4.4.2.
Learner
Message 559 of 620
Message 559 of 620

7:02 AM
After this update, my fone had plenty lag and was slow, I repaired it with Sony pc companion, afterwards the fone seemed to be better. Unfortunately, my apps refused to be restored, and the killing part is my GOGGLE PLAY STORE has refused to open!...I do not have a single app, not even twitter or instagram...this is really frustrating...Facebook works fine, but if I try to open play store I always get "no connection'...What do I do please????
Learner
Message 560 of 620
Message 560 of 620

Hi, my zr's touch screen is not working properly at home place after updating to 4.4.4