account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 421 of 620
Message 421 of 620

Xperia Z camera

I have bought Xperia two days... I am very surprised. With the camera clarity... Back camera pics are almost equalent to 1 mega pixel camera and front camera is worse than back camera... So I am requesting Sony people to help me. And in outdoor back camera quality is little better. Please please help me
Visitor
Message 422 of 620
Message 422 of 620

Re: Xperia Z camera

It's all about Xperia Z..
One time poster
Message 423 of 620
Message 423 of 620

Performance degrade after updating to Kitkat in Xperia z

Hi,

I am facing perfromance degrade in my Xperia Z when upgraded to kitkat version. This was done through PC companion for Sony. I am facing troubles in calling and call ending. Loading of last dialed numbers is taking more time. If i click on call it will take some 10 to 15 sec to show the dailing status.

Wht should i need to  do to recover this?

Regards

Sobin

Demigod
Message 424 of 620
Message 424 of 620

Re: Performance degrade after updating to Kitkat in Xperia z

Try to end the active task on background to free up ram space.

May refer to this as well.
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Does-your-phone-feel-slow-and-laggy/m-p/347824#U347824
Adviser
Message 425 of 620
Message 425 of 620

It is not because of the resource issue but the interface lag issue. Hope SONY team will fix it in next update.

Demigod
Message 426 of 620
Message 426 of 620

Ok, now i understand. But i think you already get  to the right post that discussion is already there about the up coming update.

Rookie
Message 427 of 620
Message 427 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

For about a week now, I re-enabled Google Play Services, and guess what ! No more problems with battery drain ! No more problems with location services ! No more overheating ! Nothing wrong (exept a little slower reaction-time, but I guess that's normal after installing a new and bigger OS like Kitkat )

No idea what happened, but I have my good old Xperia Z back ! I am so happy !

So brief : some months ago, after kitkat update, my phone had battery drain and location problems, and I shut down Google Play Services (disable in settings/apps)  That way, I had no battery drain, but a lot of apps do not work, like i.e. Play Store.

In those months, I sometimes tried to enable Google Play Services, but there allways was that battery drain again. And now suddenly, it's fixed !!

fingers crossed and hope it stays ok !

Dirk

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 428 of 620
Message 428 of 620

Can anyone help me with the calendar widget issuein Xperia Z after the 4.4.2 update? i cant see my facebook reminders in the widget.. its really frustrating to open the calendar everyday to check for birthdays. i'm signed in by facebook for Xperia.. Please advise 

Model: Xperia P (LT22i)
Firmware: 6.2.A.1.100
Model: Xperia Z (C6603)
Firmware: 10.6.A.0.454
Rookie
Message 429 of 620
Message 429 of 620

same !!

One time poster
Message 430 of 620
Message 430 of 620

I have the problem, that my microfoon isnt working after the update. No sound when recording a video or when I use a soundrecorder app.Google speech doesn't work either.
Someone with the same problem,after the update?