account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Adept
Message 381 of 620
Message 381 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Okay ive worked to find a solution for all you running 4.4.2. Ive had two Xperia ZLs to test this and this is what worked, the battery gets warm but not hot!

Downgrade or upgrade to Google play services 5.0.84
Unistall all updates for google+
Unistall all updates for Chrome
Unistall all updates for Cloud Print

Hard reset vol+ power until It vibrates 3 times.

I cant pinpoint which one of the above is the actual problem but i stopped when i felt that the battery wasnt overheating anymore. Kudo if it worked please.
mhj
One time poster
Message 382 of 620
Message 382 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z

L.S.

After the update i have the problem that my  Xperia Z gets disconnected from the the bluetooth  volkswagen premium carkit.

this din't happen on the 4.3 software version even with update 10.5.a.0.230 update.

can you fix this,  it's getting quite anoying geting disconnect half thru the conversations.

This happens after a adressbook sync with the carkit, even when the screen is locked some time i hear the walkman app play music.

Adviser
Message 383 of 620
Message 383 of 620

Re: No sound from bluetooth speaker

i have same issue.only reboot wil help.But problem accures again after a while,so another reboot,then more reboot.I have given up.sent it for repair and offcourse they say no issue!I think problem is caused by Android/google Call handlig service,since i saw it crashing once and i could not receive or make calls.

Also have issue as stated by many here,bluetooth disconnecting,phone overheat,lagging,batterydrain..i can continue for ages

This thread is 39 pages long and Sony dont care!!They stil push out the update!??

Been 10 years user of Sony product,now im losing faith...

Learner
Message 384 of 620
Message 384 of 620

after this update problem i will never buy a xperia or any sony product as customer service is shocking i have been told that theres no problems with the update and that im not to trust the internet thant other people have thiese problems they blatantly deny any problems my phone is now unusable hot and laggy what is unnaceptable that i pay alot of money for this phone and i have to use an alcatel instead and it even works thats more than can be said for this sony piece of cr*p

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 385 of 620
Message 385 of 620

Why isn't Sony releasing .233?!? There have been more then 2 months with this stupid version,with a lot of bugs..Can any moderator tell us when!?!? I think that sony will lose a lot of customers on smartphones..

Adviser
Message 386 of 620
Message 386 of 620

please give us the bluetooth fix. im feed up with it endlessly connecting and disconnecting, from my cars system and the tv's sound bar, not a problem with 4.3. this should have been hot fixed with in a week of this coming to light.

Enthusiast
Message 387 of 620
Message 387 of 620

Downgrade 

Rookie
Message 388 of 620
Message 388 of 620

xperia z problem after 4.4.2 update

Hi there, i'm a huge sony fanatic from malaysia and i'm using xperia z c6603 since this january. Before it gets the 4.4.2 update my phone's performance was very good. Its lightning fast and gave me a lagless exp. But after the 4.4.2 update, my phone lags alot. Battery drains more faster than before. And the huge problem i'm facing is my xperia wont refreshes the wechat. So i cant sent,receive msges. Even moment updates. I have to restart my phone evrytime to refredh my wechat. So i'm hoping a good reply from sony. I wish sony could fix this problem asap. SONY MAKE.BELIEVE <3
Visitor
Message 389 of 620
Message 389 of 620

kit kat update has ruined my Xperia z !!!

My Xperia Z phone has been AWESOME!!! ...until, kit kat. The latest update has utterly RUINED my phone!!!!! Videos crash and won't play. Everything runs SLOWER. The phone FREEZES all the time. WHY? WHY? WHY? It was running soooooo beautifully!!!!!
One time poster
Message 390 of 620
Message 390 of 620

well... it's been a couple of months now since I last posted (enough time to forget username etc!)..

2 months without any location services on the phone...

2 months ago I was fairly understanding to Sony - the problem seemed to be at the 'Google end' - but now I am just getting a little cheesed off....  and yes, my loyalty has taken a major dive. 

About a year left with this contract and this phone, and I must admit that Sony are really going to have to pull off a marvel to keep me as a customer in a years time...

One thing Sony could do is....

TELL US WHAT THE **bleep** IS GOING ON, AND WHAT THEY INTEND TO DO ABOUT IT!

HOW LONG IS THIS FARCE GOING TO CONTINUE?

yours, an unhappy user