account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Message 321 of 620
Message 321 of 620

battery charging takes more time and overheat during charging

i have updated my Xperia Z to kitkat (4.4.2) thru pc companion, after update my mobile takes more than 4 hrs for full charging using stock charger received with mobile. earlier in JB it tooks approx 2 hrs. and also during charging mobile gets very hot CPU-Z shows temperature during charging is 48 deg C. earlier during charging it was max reached till 32 deg C. i have checked with samsung charger too but still facing same problem. kindly help

Rookie
Message 322 of 620
Message 322 of 620

Android 4.4 Blocked SD Card to write (ZR India)

Dear Sony,

I updated my xperia zr from 4.3 to 4.4.2 kitkat.. The experiance was great.. I didnt faced any battery draining issue or any issue as discuused in forum (may be bcoz g Service 5.0) ..

I appericate your efforts related to your continuous work for upgrading UI..

But after updating 4.4 i am not able to write/ move any data from phone memory to SD card.  Even i cant able to directly download any file from torrent /ADM to specified SD card location.. As it keep asking me to root phone for superuser access..

I heard .233 update is released in some places.. Will it resolve this problem?? As it causing me so much of trouble during downloading file bcoz it forces me to download in phone memory..

Please provide solution on this..

Thanks....

Message 323 of 620
Message 323 of 620

Re: Android 4.4 Blocked SD Card to write (ZR India)

http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 324 of 620
Message 324 of 620

Xperia ZR 4.4.2 issue

Hi All,

I have updated my ZR to 4.4.2 from 4.3 i am facing some screen issued and slowness issued 

Please help me with below.

Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-15-03.png

Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-17-32.png

Screenshot_2014-07-14-12-14-41.png

Screenshot_2014-07-14-13-18-36.png

Master
Message 325 of 620
Message 325 of 620

Re: Xperia ZR 4.4.2 issue

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 326 of 620
Message 326 of 620

My Xperia Z become slow after Kitkat update

updated my Xperia Z with Kitat.. but after update my phone become very slow..not responsing properly.. how it can be resolved..???

Highlighted
Master
Message 327 of 620
Message 327 of 620

Re: My Xperia Z become slow after Kitkat update

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Try resetting the phone after the update, it should make the phone perform better.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 328 of 620
Message 328 of 620

Re: My Xperia Z become slow after Kitkat update

Hi, thanks for the suggession. pls tell me How can i do this.. shall i need to restore the factory settings or something else.

Learner
Message 329 of 620
Message 329 of 620

after the kitkat updte issues on xperia Z c66602

Screenshot_2014-07-12-17-02-58.pngScreenshot_2014-07-12-17-02-58.pngScreenshot_2014-07-12-17-19-03.pngWe received the kitkat updte and the upgradatine sucessfully done it...lot of issues are facing on my xperia z,

1. laggy settings menu ( scrolling not smoothly )

2.    when we are taking picture( the phone is locked time) working perfectly,but some extra squre boxes will coming to the home screen.

Please fix it ....we need the bug free upgrade...

One time poster
Message 330 of 620
Message 330 of 620

Re: after the kitkat updte issues on xperia Z c66602

for me to everything is laggy since the 4.4.2 update. are you going to fix this?