account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 241 of 620
Message 241 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

So, after suffering from all those bugs (batter, settings screen lag), i flashed 4.3 back to my Xperia ZL. Question is: When will Sony correct this? We, Zl users won't be getting a stable 4.4.2?

Apprentice
Message 242 of 620
Message 242 of 620

The lack of a response from Google or Sony (at least Sony have acknowledge the problem) is concerning.

Long term, for those that have no uninstalled Google Service to prevent battery drain, what effect will the rapid depletion and more frequent charging have on the battery?  Not a positive one I'd guess!

One time poster
Message 243 of 620
Message 243 of 620

Regret to say, that fabulous "stop and uninstall google play services,then allow to reinstall" fix, worked for 25 hours, but the problem is back.

lasted from about 2pm yesterday (time now 7pm the following day), but about 2 hours ago google play services started eating battery life and the battery life expectancy has plumetted again.

I have had location services on - because, yes, it is useful for the phone to know where it is! navigation etc... I will have to admit defeat for the next few days / weeks / months and do without it..

It is all very strange.  Somedays a power off, and restart (aka a good kicking) fixes it, and the phone will run all day and use 10% of the battery.  Other days, not even making it to lunchtime...  It is this variability that is a particular problem - should I carry that backup power supply - actually, the backup power supply's presence is a pretty good way to ensure the phone lasts ages...

Must echo other commentors, are Sony / Google doing anything about this?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 244 of 620
Message 244 of 620

I'm not very tech savvy - how can I downgrade?

I have most of the problems that others have. I have done a fix that I got from Sony which actually made things worse. I followed the instructions to a 'T' and everything happened that the instructions said would happen. I fire it back up after the 'fix' and all the time I've spent doing this is for naught. 

On top of the problems, many of the apps on my phone don't work properly.... and some changes are just down right bad.

I'm fed up with this and don't know where to turn.

One time poster
Message 245 of 620
Message 245 of 620

After removal Google Play Services (4.4.52), fails youtube, google Bookmarks, and some applications. When the problem will be solved and will be released a new update?

Adviser
Message 246 of 620
Message 246 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems fo xperia z zl and zr

You can try this steps
1. Make yourself as "developer" in settings
2. In settings, Go down and select "developer options"
3. Tick the "Force GPU rendering" and you are done.

This tips just fix "settings scroll lag" and "status bar/ notification scroll lag" ONLY

If you want to fix battery drain issue, You have to wait next firmware update 4.4.3, or downgrade back to android 4.3
New firmware update will fix some bug and battery issue, and will be release soon..

Hope these can help you :smileyhappy:

Adviser
Message 247 of 620
Message 247 of 620

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but the problem is not mentioned in the header. In addition to Play service problem, i have the following.

When i am trying to connect Xperia Z via wifi to my PC (windows 8.1) the process freezes on a step when you should connect the phone to the PC via USB cable (i have to use task manager to kill PC Companion). And also after this happened, it looks like the mtp driver of the phone is broke down, i have to install it manually via device manager. The problem repeatable. Please, check.

Talent
Message 248 of 620
Message 248 of 620

wait and be patient guys i think sony is working on a fix hope sony dont stop support for xperia z zr zl 

Regular
Message 249 of 620
Message 249 of 620

all we can do is "thinking" that sony is working on this issue since they don't communicate... unfortunately it's not obvious, since many answers reject the fault on google... for a week, my phone is 50% useless, and guess the next one won't be a sony
Apprentice
Message 250 of 620
Message 250 of 620

I don't think it is a Google issue. As I've done what was said, now my screen is eating power. 10 minutes with screen on and 10% power gone. Come on Sony. Your a multi billion pound company and you can't sort this. Your always the last for updates and then there are always problems. Back to Samsung here.