account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Regular
Message 191 of 620
Message 191 of 620

Re: 4.4 camera quality

The only way you can live with 4.4.2 on the phone is to do a repair from Sony comparation software and do not upgrade "Google play services" when it ask for that. Reseting phone to defaults from the phone meniu will not work, disabling Google services will mess out a lot of apps that you use, clearing cache or other things like that will buy you a cople of hours of not draining battery.

Things that will not work on 4.4.2 with Google play services not upgraded is:

-Apps like Google+, Google drive, hangouts, YouTube will not work if you upgrade them from Google play.

-Google now will not work at all and you will get the exclametion point warning in the notification area.

-You can't install apps like Google keep, that rely on play services.

This is not a Sony issue, but Sony is to blame for not testing this in the first place.

One time poster
Message 192 of 620
Message 192 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Hi all,

I updated 4.4.2. my Sony Experia Z (C6603) 5 days ago and then all problems just start appear.

Same problems what everybody has in here.

- Battery draining so fast

- Overheating

- google services dont work quite well

Now i have complete different situation... Phone works...  but how long :/

Yesterday i back up my phone and clean up my memorycard manually.

Then press Factory data reset.

At the reset i choose "erase all the data on the internal storage"

When phone wake up... i choose wlan and set up sms/interner settings...then phone ask me to connect to google account.

I choose no.

I connect phone to computer and restore only phonenumbers, txt, personal data...not any programs or music or pictures.

Then i go to Play store and choose do not automaticly update any software.

Then i go my gmail and phone ask to sync all contact. I choose not not sync.
Today i add two new numbers to phonebook and it sync those numbers to my google account....still working Slightly smiling Face 

I have Facebook, Instagram, Whatsup, Telegram and those works fine.

Also google maps and gmail.

Screenshot_2014-05-31-19-58-30.pngScreenshot_2014-05-31-19-58-20.png

One time poster
Message 193 of 620
Message 193 of 620

Yo tengo un Xperia ZL C6506, y desde que lo actualicé tengo problemas de sobrecalentamiento en aplicaciones que uso habitualmente y antes no se sobrecalentaba. Hay una merma de rendimiento y/o velocidad. Cuando lo actualicé, la memoria micro SD quedó inutilizable. La batería se descarga excesivamente rápido, y para colmo hoy el celular se reinició 3 veces y mostro un cartel en donde decía que me contacte con el servicio técnico de Sony porque tenía graves problemas con la batería. Aclaro que lo actualice con la OTA Oficial.

Tambien tengo problemas con el acelerometro. Que rota la pantalla en cualquier momento. La solucion parcial que hice es desactivar la autorotacion, pero creo que deberían dar otra solución.

I have an Xperia ZL C6506, and since I have upgraded overheating problems in applications that normally use and not overheated before. There is a loss of efficiency and / or speed. When upgraded, the micro SD memory was unusable. The battery discharges too fast, and on top today resumed cell 3 times and showed a sign saying where I contact the Sony service because I had serious problems with the battery. Clarified that the Official OTA update.

Also I have problems with the accelerometer. That rotates the screen at any time. The partial solution I did is disable autorotation, but I think they should give another solution.

Regular
Message 194 of 620
Message 194 of 620

Factory restore from the phone menu is not reverting the Google services to the lower version that is not having the battery draining bug, you phone will work for a couple of hours then you will get the same problems. I did try all the "so called" fixes in this thread none of them work. My solution is working for 3 days now and battery is back to normal
Inhabitant
Message 195 of 620
Message 195 of 620

ok, draganvranjkovic. All my previous updates were via OTA and I never had any issues until this last upgrade.

Well, I followed the instructions sent me by the support agent for the PC companion repair, and that fixed the issues for me. I am enjoying my phone again. I hope you will find solution too.

Learner
Message 196 of 620
Message 196 of 620

Pls pls provide us the upgrading! There're a lot of bugs here Slightly frowning Face((( Just wanna downgrade to 4.3 but waste my time and do not know how!

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 197 of 620
Message 197 of 620

We have investigated the issue with Google Play Services using alot of battery and we have identified that the root cause of this is related to the latest version of Google Play Services (4.4.52).

Until a new version of Google Play Services is provided by Google we urge users to either uninstall the latest update of Google Play Services (might limit use of Google Services like Youtube) or go to Settings > Google (accounts) > Ads > Tick the box for Opt out of interest-based ads and also disable back up of your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset (Personal) > uncheck the box for “Back up my data”.

If you are unable to uninstall the update for Google Play Services from Settings > Apps, go to Settings -> Security -> Device administrators and disable "Android Device Manager". Also check the settings in the Play Store so that automatic updates is not enabled as this may update Google Play Services again automatically.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 198 of 620
Message 198 of 620

ok lets say battery problem 'fixed' by disabeling google play service ! 

NOW what should we do about over heating , restarting automaticly and being laggy on home screen ?! do you have a solution for that too ? except turning on Force GPU rendering ?! because my friend that did not workd at all ! 

im still wondering why a big compony like sony shouldent test theyr prodocts and updates befor rolling then out ?! this is so ridicules ! 

Talent
Message 199 of 620
Message 199 of 620

i have warned my family and friends not to update this horrible 4.4 for xperia z until sony realise and release a fixed bugless update with goo battery life its not google doing this because it should have effected all kitkat phones 

Adviser
Message 200 of 620
Message 200 of 620

Same. Battery usage has increased significantly. Interesting that or is Google services that is chomping away. Has anyone tried a reset? Does that work?