account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 181 of 620
Message 181 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Last time I posted, the only issue outstanding for me was the auto-reboot in stdby/idle mode (after fixing the battery drain and overheating with PC Companion repair). What i did this morning was to wipe the cache partition, and it seems to have fixed the auto-reboot problem. In the last 2 hours there has not been a reboot. I hope it lasts.

So, I can safely(?) summarize that:

1. to fix the battery drain, Google Play Services battery consumption, and overheat, use the PC Companion to repair the kitkat upgrade. This is the recommendation from the Sony Support agent I spoke with. (See the PC Companion instructions on a post I made yesterday). I used it; it worked for me (Xperia Z, C6602).

Warning: Before you use the PC Companion, it is recommended you backup your internal memory, contacts, music, pix and all other data. This is because the repair will wipe off your data and apps you installed. I had to re-install my apps. The pre-installed apps are not affected.

2. If your phone auto-reboots, you can fix this by wiping the cache partition as ff:

- while the device is on, press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys.

- wait for the screen to shut off and the device to vibrate once

- release the keys

- device will restart.

My Xperia Z (C6602) works perfectly now - no unusual battery drain, no overheating, and no auto-reboot.

Apprentice
Message 182 of 620
Message 182 of 620

Did you solved lagg by using pc companion?
Apprentice
Message 183 of 620
Message 183 of 620

Nekem egy probléma. elég sokan írnak itt a sony hivatalos fórumán, de még a sony-tól semmilyen választ, lehetőséget, javítást nem kaptunk! milyen hozzáállás ez a sony részéről?????? legalább közölnék, hogy tudunk a hibáról és már javítjuk! de eddig semmi válasz nincs! hahó sony!!!

I have a problem. enough people write in the official sony forum, but still no response, an opportunity we did not get the patch from sony! what kind of attitude is part of the sony??? at least to inform you that we have the problem and improve! but so far no reply! if sony month!

Inhabitant
Message 184 of 620
Message 184 of 620

Hi draganvranjkovic,

My phone didn't have the lag issue at any time. However, the Support agent told me that the PC Companion repair is usually what they recommend in fixing bugs associated with any upgrade done via OTA (over-the-air, wireless). He said it is always better to upgrade one's phone via PC Companion than via OTA anytime one needs to update software; that OTA sometimes has gaps.
Commissioner
Message 185 of 620
Message 185 of 620

Found another bug since the upgrade: I'm unable to change lock screen wallpaper.

The process seem to works normally but after having turned off the screen, turning-it back show no change to background image.

I would like to know if anyone is able to change it's wallpaper to be certain it's only my phone who has the problem.

Apprentice
Message 186 of 620
Message 186 of 620

Thanks for reply Gola
I did upgrade it via OTA, and that could be problem. I used pc companion for previous updates and I had no problems whatsoever.
I will post another reply after to inform others if pc companion do the work and repair my system.
Learner
Message 187 of 620
Message 187 of 620

So Bad Sony Turkey, hate you.. :/

Not available 4.4.2 from turkey and wait wait wait, Enough!

Please, published and send update pack.. :/

Visitor
Message 188 of 620
Message 188 of 620

My phone has become ridiculously laggy, it is now awful to use! On top of that having fully charged it this morning at 8am and then leaving it untouched by 1400 I had 44% battery! It has crashed 3 times to a check interference screen and the battery drains when I use it even when it is on charge!
Apprentice
Message 189 of 620
Message 189 of 620

I currently have the Xperia Z (C6603) model and live in the UK. I've still been unable to update to 4.4.2 any ideas? I've tried connecting through PC-companion and I have also run the Sony Update Service and both continue to claim I am on the latest sofware

Highlighted
Learner
Message 190 of 620
Message 190 of 620

Re: 4.4 camera quality

No.  Just like the rest of the 'upgrades', it's no better, if not worse.

The quick launch button on the lock screen is now at the bottom where you swipe to open... I've taken many pics by accident when opening my phone. 

It opens slower too.

It's actually messed up a couple of the photo apps that used to use quite regularly....