account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 171 of 620
Message 171 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

After downgrade to 4.3 ...i update to kitkat from phone. Today only one time the phone shuts down ...battery life is ok.no lag or service carrier problems. wifi ok , location ok

tomorow i will post again to get you informed.

2014-05-29 16.33.52.png

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 172 of 620
Message 172 of 620

Re: Bluetooth car connectivity problem with kitkat (10.5.A.0.230)

I experienced similar bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to Android 4.3 with my Kenwood carkit. I managed to solve it by upgrading the bluetooth firmware of the carkit itself. You might want to try the same.

Talent
Message 173 of 620
Message 173 of 620

Sony's only stable os version was 4.1.2 after that all are added bugs not upgrades.
Apprentice
Message 174 of 620
Message 174 of 620

I had the battery drain issue after the update to 4.4.2. Very frustrating as I've really enjoyed the mobile for the last year and a half and I was almost definitely going to by another Sony phone. Not anymore. The fact that they can release a software update that causes such an issue is amazing. They killed my phone! To make matters worse they don't seem to be getting back to my email.

I did a factory reset after backing up and it does seem to have improved the battery issue but only marginally! The battery drain is still stupidly high. After the factory reset google services was not sapping my battery, two days later and the drainage is at 85%!!!!

I need to stop typing as thinking about this isn't good for my sharply rising blood pressure!!
Enthusiast
Message 175 of 620
Message 175 of 620

Other has cleared the cache of all google related apps and got a good result.
One time poster
Message 176 of 620
Message 176 of 620

Apparently this is a widespread problem not just for sony phones.

The reason google play services is eating the battery and the phone heats up is because of a bug linked with controlling the camera within 4.4.2

http://www.zdnet.com/kitkat-giving-you-battery-drain-problems-try-uninstalling-skype-says-google-as-...

This site suggests uninstlling skype, but basically we have to wait for google and sony for a fix as it is a basic coding problem Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 177 of 620
Message 177 of 620

Same problems as everybody else, my Xperia Z is getting crazy hot and the battery drains extreamly fast! My phone was perfect before the update Slightly frowning Face before I used to have 50% battery left when I went to bed now I have to reload it during the day! Slightly frowning Face
One time poster
Message 178 of 620
Message 178 of 620

We all have the same problems Sony, and me and my friend too the same as the others.. Is anybody that can answer or listen to our problems? try to record via messenger and tell me if it works.. mine isn't working and my phone is lagging like crazy. And of course my battery.. today in like 12 hours my battery went from 100% to 37% without doing anything.. not even Chrome, or Youtube or games..

Can you please delete this update (Version) and let us have the previews one? or a better one whatever!!!

C'mon DO SOMETHING!!

Learner
Message 179 of 620
Message 179 of 620

Hi all,

I had the exact same battery drain issue and decided to try a suggestion from a previous post to download an application called Gservicefix. My phone hasn't had an issue since! And the bluetooth issue I was having (it was disconnecting from my car stereo) is gone too! C6506 here Slightly smiling Face
Rookie
Message 180 of 620
Message 180 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for Xperia Z

Issue's in kitkat Xperia Z C6603:

1. Battery drains.

2. Heatup problem some times.

3. Some times ear speaker stop working you can't hear any voice.

4. Top Notification dropdown little bit lagy.

5. Setting menu crolling is little lagy.