account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Highlighted
pxr
One time poster
Message 161 of 620
Message 161 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Same battery drain problem here (about 80% usage by google play services). Why haven't this been tested by sony before release? Why haven't this been solved yet?

Hate the new notification menu, additional clicks needed for example to togle Wifi on/off.

Inhabitant
Message 162 of 620
Message 162 of 620

sad to report that after following the instructions i posted earlier from the support team, my phone is no better. I switched ON the phone at 4am with battery at 97% and i didnt use it. 6mins later the phone rebooted. it rebooted again at 4.12am, 4.18am, 4.23am, 4.29am, 4.34am and 4.40am (i’m posting this with another phone, by the way). my battery is at 88% at 4.41am as i post.

One can conclude(?) then that the PC companion repair is not the solution to the battery drain, battery heat and self-reboot we’ve been experiencing since kitkat rolled out.

As it is, my phone is useless. Sadder still is the fact that Sony hasn’t deemed it fit to reach out to users on the reported glitches. they must take responsibility for this and fix the glitches.

ADDENDUM posted 3.35am ET, May 30, 2014 - I monitored the battery usage and overheating throughout May 29. The PC Companion repair fixed the battery drain and overheating. I solved the auto-reboot on May 30 by wiping the cache partition. As I write this addendum, my phone (Xperia Z, model C6602) is working fine - no unusual battery drain, no overheating and no auto-reboot.

Inhabitant
Message 163 of 620
Message 163 of 620

I switched off the phone 4.42am and switched on at 5am. I've been using it since then (6.26am now) and it hasn't self-reboot as before. I willl keep monitoring the performance all day.

Inhabitant
Message 164 of 620
Message 164 of 620

6.46 phone reboots. I give up on Sony. Slightly frowning Face
Learner
Message 165 of 620
Message 165 of 620

I was having the same problem wi th battery since update, I done a repair phone in pc companion 2 days ago after backing up with the app on phone. After the repair I restored and phone is going great still.I know some people have tried this with no joy, but seems to have worked for me.
Enthusiast
Message 166 of 620
Message 166 of 620

yesterday I went to 4.4.2 with xperia zr and surprise: my phone is not heated at all and batery kept me well over 24 hours with all settings plus photos and surfing the internet. The only thing that bothers me is still the problem with the front camera - the same "beep".
The update I did with SUS and the settings I chose is: "reset to defaults and then update the software.

Inhabitant
Message 167 of 620
Message 167 of 620

What I observed in the last one hour since my last post is that the phone reboots if left idle/stdby. I decided to keep it busy by listening to music, and there hasn't been any reboot since then. Battery performing fine - no unusual drain, no heating.
Learner
Message 168 of 620
Message 168 of 620

Sadly, after upgrading to 4.4.2, I've found 2 problems:

- Battery life is terrible. I temporary fixed it by disable Location service.

- I cannot copy files to removable SDCard, got the permission error.

Please fix bugs of the update asap. It's really annoying, cus' I don't know how to downgrade to 4.3

Btw, can some1 tell me how to downgrade back to 4.3, pls?

One time poster
Message 169 of 620
Message 169 of 620

Bluetooth car connectivity problem with kitkat (10.5.A.0.230)

Hi,

Since previous firmware (4.3 jellybean) I have bluetooth connectivity problem with my car (Astra J). When I try to pair my XperiaZ and my car, it pairs, but my phone dows not ask to reach my contacts anymore (It was asking previous firmwares). Even it is not asking, i can see my contact list on my car with no recent calls function (as it has to be synchronized, too). 

Also, I can not make calls just via my car control panel.

It seems that something go wrong with bluetooth software since 4.2.

I was expecting this problem is to be solved in 4.4.2 version, but I still have problems.

I think sony does not care with this problem, as I see many people suffering this issue. 

Does anyone has an idea to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Özgür

Inhabitant
Message 170 of 620
Message 170 of 620

Phone reboots by itself when left idle/stdby mode (not in use) but it does not reboot when in use. I have kept it busy for about 4 1/2 hours with continuous music play, and there has been no rebooting, no more battery drain (just at 14% now), and no more overheating. Only issue outstanding is the phone rebooting by itself while in idle/stdby mode (not in use).