Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-05-28 07:09 PM
Tegnap még nem működött a Google map, mert frissíteni akart, de nem tudott. Ma végre sikerült és végre megy a GPS pozició. és az akkumulátor sem merül... :-) Reggel óta eddig normál használattal 78%. A google többi alkalmazása letiltva.
Yesterday I did not work on the Google map, because he wanted to upgrade, but could not. Today I finally managed to go out and upgrade to the GPS. battery not ... there has been normal use, 78% in the morning :-). Google has more restricted use.
2014-05-28 08:58 PM
2014-05-28 11:25 PM - edited 2014-05-28 11:28 PM
Today i updated my Xperia ZR from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and i hoped that the problem of distort voice during video recording would be solved but it still exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so SONY why dont you solve this problem? it's really annoying that the voice of a recorded video has a distort sound and it seems like you are underwater , why do u act like this SONY? if it is a software problem you can fix it with an update so why you dont do this? we paid money and bought your mobile phone so why you dont care your customers? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
2014-05-28 11:25 PM
2014-05-28 11:28 PM
2014-05-28 11:32 PM
2014-05-28 11:44 PM
2014-05-29 12:29 AM - edited 2014-05-29 02:25 AM
I reached sony support team at +1-877-797-3742 (you may go here to see the contact number for your country http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/country/en_US/).
The agent told me the solution they've always proffered to the issues we raised here is to repair the 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230) upgrade via PC Companion. He sent me instructions for my Xperia Z (that of ZL and ZR may differ, pls contact the support group). After following the instructions, PC companion told me my phone has been updated with 10.5.A.0.230. What you'll see is same as when you just bought your phone - no contacts, all pre-installed apps, your installed apps are gone, your settings gone. What I'll do is copy my contacts from my back-up or sign in to google and sync, re-install my apps and then see how it goes. I strongly recommend you back up all your info/data before attempting the instructions.
So for those using Xperia Z, you may want to try the instructions sent me by the Support team. I paste the steps below:
We have an extended guide that should help you fix the issue on your phone, please follow the instructions carefully: Visit this link:
Click on Download PC Companion
Run the software and install it Turn the phone off and disconnect it from the computer
1. No matter what the program says do not connect the phone until you complete step 9
2. In the welcome screen you will see the different modules available for you including the "Support Zone" option. Click on "Start" below it.
3. On the next page Click on "Start" under "Phone Software Update"
At this point if you get an error stating that "Unable to install update components" or "Server is busy" , then please proceed to step 12
4. The program will say that there is no phone connected. Click on the option below that reads: "Repair my phone" the program will issue you a warning about the content that you will lose during the update 5. Choose the option to continue.
6. The program will issue a final message warning you of possible data lost during the update. Click on the checkmark and then on "Next".
7. After that, the program will download the necessary information (5 to 6 minutes) and it will present you with a list of phones.
8. Choose your phones model from the list then click on "Next" then you will see a new section telling you how to connect the phone. (don't connect it yet)
At this point the phone must be off and disconnected from the PC.
9. Connect the cable to the PC not to the phone, then while pressing and holding the indicated button (in the steps on screen an specific button will be shown for you to press on the phone) connect the cable to the phone and keep holding the indicated button until the program says "the update of your phone has started..." (in some cases a message of "Installing drivers" will appear before the message of "the update of your phone has started..." is shown.)
10. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on and it will request that you "Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar", If this happens disconnect the phone from the cable, turn it off and repeat from step 9).
11. If the phone is connected properly, PC Companion will proceed with the update ( It will tell you to let go of the back key) then wait for the update to finish and follow instructions on screen to disconnect the unit.
12. If "Unable to install update components" 1. Close PC Companion 2. Install Java from: http://www.java.com 3. Start PC Companion again and try to do the software unlock process once more.
Note: If you wish only to update the unit wait for the program to open and then select the quick link on the upper left corner that says "Update Phone/Tablet" and follow the instructions to perform the update. (the PC may request for the phone to be placed in Mass Storage mode. Do this by going into Settings>Xperia>Connectivity>USB connection mode)
As part of Sony Mobile's commitment to excellent customer service, we offer a wide variety of mobile products to suit your lifestyle. If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374
I'll give further update. All the best.
2014-05-29 09:08 AM
I postet the other days c6603 xperia z problems: battery drain and lag after kitkat update.
First i waited 4 days before posting to wait for my phone to sttle down like some people said. Problems still persist.
Then i reset the phone to factory setting like other said. First day it was almost ok execpt few lags.
I tried also the pc companion installation procedure. when i conected the phone first appears that i have an update. i did the update steps and in the end appears that i have the latest software for my phone.
Now all the problems are back. Google service eats 85% of my battery. notification and menu area are laggy, and when i want to make a call after presing to call a contact I wait about 12 sec before the phone begins the call procedure.
i don't want to dispable the google serices because i bought the phone with all these services and it worked just fine plus I use those services.. What's the point to have smartphone if the phone is not smart.
to disable services and other functions is not an answer.
I hope google or sony will come with a new update to fix those problems otherwise they will lose a lot of clients like someone posted here "Problem solved. got rid of my phone and bought an iphone"
At least someoane from sony must come here and tell us they know about this problem and they are working to fix this.
My phone was great for an year but now is just an object that I carry around with no use.