account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 151 of 620
Message 151 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Tegnap még nem működött a Google map, mert frissíteni akart, de nem tudott. Ma végre sikerült és végre megy a GPS pozició. és az akkumulátor sem merül... :-) Reggel óta eddig normál használattal 78%. A google többi alkalmazása letiltva.

Yesterday I did not work on the Google map, because he wanted to upgrade, but could not. Today I finally managed to go out and upgrade to the GPS. battery not ... there has been normal use, 78% in the morning :-). Google has more restricted use.

One time poster
Message 152 of 620
Message 152 of 620

had the same problem after new update.my tel is cookong hot and runing out of battey in no time,

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 153 of 620
Message 153 of 620

Today's experience is the exact opposite of yesterday's: phone has been rebooting by itself all day. I'll call sony support.
Learner
Message 154 of 620
Message 154 of 620

Xperia ZR Mic issue still exists after kitkat update

Hi,

Today i updated my Xperia ZR from 4.3 to 4.4.2 and i hoped that the problem of distort voice during video recording would be  solved but it still exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so SONY why dont you solve this problem? it's really annoying that the voice of a recorded video has a distort sound and it seems like you are underwater , why do u act like this SONY? if it is a software problem you can fix it with an update so why you dont do this? we paid money and bought your mobile phone so why you dont care your customers? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Adept
Message 155 of 620
Message 155 of 620

Xperia ZR video recording bug, read this Sony!

Now i recently updated my zr to kitkat, but what really bugs me is that sony still hasn't fixed the poor audio quality when recording video, it has to be a software issue since many people can confirm it started after the 4.2 update, on 4.1 that problem didn't exist! That's horrible of sony to make updates that make something worse.. Has anyone managed to come to a solution with this??
Adept
Message 156 of 620
Message 156 of 620

Re: Xperia ZR Mic issue still exists after kitkat update

Agreed!! I got really disappointed to see it still persists, maybe sony somehow managed to ruin the software somehow after 4.2 update because on 4.1 the sound was fine!
Adept
Message 157 of 620
Message 157 of 620

Re: Xperia ZR Mic issue still exists after kitkat update

Or maybe even sony themselves doesn't know yet what's causing the issue. One temporary solution is to use the lgcamera app and choose to record sound using the other mic but then the volume is much lower and it doesn't even seem to be in stereo.
One time poster
Message 158 of 620
Message 158 of 620

after upgrading to 4.4.2, I have reinstalled 4.3, there is much lag in the settings menu and the status bar, various applications are restricted to write to the external sd card, and it has not been worth the upgrade
Inhabitant
Message 159 of 620
Message 159 of 620

I reached sony support team at +1-877-797-3742 (you may go here to see the contact number for your country http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/country/en_US/).

The agent told me the solution they've always proffered to the issues we raised here is to repair the 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230) upgrade via PC Companion. He sent me instructions for my Xperia Z (that of ZL and ZR may differ, pls contact the support group). After following the instructions, PC companion told me my phone has been updated with 10.5.A.0.230. What you'll see is same as when you just bought your phone - no contacts, all pre-installed apps, your installed apps are gone, your settings gone. What I'll do is copy my contacts from my back-up or sign in to google and sync, re-install my apps and then see how it goes. I strongly recommend you back up all your info/data before attempting the instructions.

So for those using Xperia Z, you may want to try the instructions sent me by the Support team. I paste the steps below:

We have an extended guide that should help you fix the issue on your phone, please follow the instructions carefully:   Visit this link:

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Click on Download PC Companion

Run the software and install it   Turn the phone off and disconnect it from the computer  

1. No matter what the program says do not connect the phone until you complete step 9

2. In the welcome screen you will see the different modules available for you including the "Support Zone" option. Click on "Start" below it.

3. On the next page Click on "Start" under "Phone Software Update"

At this point if you get an error stating that "Unable to install update components" or "Server is busy" , then please proceed to step 12

4. The program will say that there is no phone connected. Click on the option below that reads: "Repair my phone" the program will issue you a warning about the content that you will lose during the update 5. Choose the option to continue.

6. The program will issue a final message warning you of possible data lost during the update. Click on the checkmark and then on "Next".

7. After that, the program will download the necessary information (5 to 6 minutes) and it will present you with a list of phones.

8. Choose your phones model from the list then click on "Next" then you will see a new section telling you how to connect the phone. (don't connect it yet)

At this point the phone must be off and disconnected from the PC.

9. Connect the cable to the PC not to the phone, then while pressing and holding the indicated button (in the steps on screen an specific button will be shown for you to press on the phone) connect the cable to the phone and keep holding the indicated button until the program says "the update of your phone has started..." (in some cases a message of  "Installing drivers" will appear before the message of "the update of your phone has started..."  is shown.)

10. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on and it will request that you "Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar", If this happens disconnect the phone from the cable, turn it off and repeat from step 9).

11. If the phone is connected properly, PC Companion will proceed with the update ( It will tell you to let go of the back key) then wait for the update to finish and follow instructions on screen to disconnect the unit.  

Dear Customer,

12. If "Unable to install update components" 1. Close PC Companion 2. Install Java from: http://www.java.com 3. Start PC Companion again and try to do the software unlock process once more.

Note: If you wish only to update the unit wait for the program to open and then select the quick link on the upper left corner that says "Update Phone/Tablet" and follow the instructions to perform the update. (the PC may request for the phone to be placed in Mass Storage mode. Do this by going into Settings>Xperia>Connectivity>USB connection mode)

As part of Sony Mobile's commitment to excellent customer service, we offer a wide variety of mobile products to suit your lifestyle. If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374

I'll give further update. All the best.

Apprentice
Message 160 of 620
Message 160 of 620

I postet the other days c6603 xperia z problems: battery drain and lag after kitkat update.

First i waited 4 days before posting to wait for my phone to sttle down like some people said. Problems still persist.

Then i reset the phone to factory setting like other said. First day it was almost ok execpt few lags.

I tried also the pc companion installation procedure. when i conected the phone first appears that i have an update. i did the update steps and in the end appears that i have the latest software for my phone.

Now all the problems are back. Google service eats 85% of my battery. notification and menu area are laggy, and when i want to make a call after presing to call a contact I wait about 12 sec before the phone begins the call procedure.

i don't want to dispable the google serices because i bought the phone with all these services and it worked just fine plus I use those services.. What's the point to have smartphone if the phone is not smart.

to disable services and other functions is not an answer.

I hope google or sony will come with a new update to fix those problems otherwise they will lose a lot of clients like someone posted here "Problem solved. got rid of my phone and bought an iphone"

At least someoane from sony must come here and tell us they know about this problem and they are working to fix this.

My phone was great for an year but now is just an object that I carry around with no use.

--------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z (C 6603)