account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 141 of 620
Message 141 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

I tried but it does not work. It has the same problem. Now that I delete all Google Play, as it could not be blocked only if it restores the original. I had to, I agreed g-mail, search, wifi turned on. I can not turn on the positioning, because if you want to upgrade and I allow just waiting and waiting for the Google Play around: left to labor for 20 minutes but no result. Thus, the location of the map does not work. however, the battery is OK. and no overheating of the device. :-(

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 142 of 620
Message 142 of 620

Hi Hellego, what i did was go Settings>Apps and then Force Stop any app i rarely use. You may also clear cache of apps. My other settings remain as i've always had them: wifi off (i use this only at home), bluetooth off (it's only ON when i need it), Power Stamina mode ON, Queue background data ON, Autosync ON, brightness medium, gps off till i need it. You can see other tips here http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/faq/xperia-z/troubleshooting/my-battery-runs-out-quickly...
All the best.
Message 143 of 620
Message 143 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems fo xperia z zl and zr

my phone is fine, except i have to say that i can't change the lockscreen theme anymore... is this bug going to be fixed?

Apprentice
Message 144 of 620
Message 144 of 620

Hi! 

Én is ugyanezeket csináltam meg. Csak a GPS on. De ha off a Goolge play akkor nem megy a google térképpozcionállás. 

Hi!
I do it the same. Only the GPS on. But if you can not play off the Goolge go to google map. 

One time poster
Message 145 of 620
Message 145 of 620

dude u actually worked in sony ????   and u know what the **bleep** ur posting  .. is this phone some living thing to adopt ???  
during  an update , the phone is wiped of with its current stock rom and then its installed with the rom ur updating to,,, seriosly dude ??? the phone told u ?? its adjusting to kitkat ?

Learner
Message 146 of 620
Message 146 of 620

@baracristian: I had the same issue when I updated to 4.3. That is a bad battery. You will have to take it in to the store to get it fixed unfortunately Face with rolling Eyes

Visitor
Message 147 of 620
Message 147 of 620

do you mean replace ?

Commissioner
Message 148 of 620
Message 148 of 620

Overheat Control runs even on Android 4.3 firmware released by Sony for the Xperia ZR.

Inhabitant
Message 149 of 620
Message 149 of 620

Here's a new twist this morning: I charged my phone overnight while it was ON. As i removed it from the charge, it rebooted. It has done that about 4 times within an hour. Also my battery dropped from 100 to 72 within same period. The self-reboot bothers me. Anyone heard from the Support team yet?
Visitor
Message 150 of 620
Message 150 of 620

@ kingpin:  i`ve flashed 4.3 (10.4.1.B.0.101) back to my z and the prolem is solved. from this mornig until now ...no shut down ...its ok i guess