account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 131 of 620
Message 131 of 620

Xperia Z 4.4.2 issues - exchange security problems

After upgrade to KitKat everything works fine BUT:

When configuring Exchange Active Sync the Security Baseline is set to "Password" instead of "PIN".

My Company uses a security baseline which pushes the use of a 5digit PIN to the phone. 

My Z requests a full passwort which is not very practical...

Looks like KitKat  Exchange Services translate the request for a PIN to a request for a Password.

Any solution?

regards, W

2014-05-26 09.04.18.png

One time poster
Message 132 of 620
Message 132 of 620

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after update

Exactly the same problem with me, battery lasts 5 hours without even using the phone, it is just useless now, will go to the trash been as an old piece of crap. No Sony anymore in my life; i'm so pissed off.

One time poster
Message 133 of 620
Message 133 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

The google play is draining battery crazily
And the phone is so hot just having usual operation
U can't imagine how hot it is when I was playing games
This is a horrible update Slightly frowning Face
Enthusiast
Message 134 of 620
Message 134 of 620

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after update

I have the same problem with Xperia Z after update to 4.4.2. Google services drain cpu all the time and battery dies in few hours. What a facepalm Sony! What a miserable software team you have there and quality control. How to fix it ???? 

Adept
Message 135 of 620
Message 135 of 620

One time poster
Message 136 of 620
Message 136 of 620

Same. Phone unusable for work as power gone in 3 hours! Used 40% in 3 hours without doing anything!
Adviser
Message 137 of 620
Message 137 of 620

Hi all, 

Thought I'd post an update. My Google services is now down to 27%!

I switched off location, switched off the autosync for contacts, went to the play store and changed the setting to only notify of updates and NO autoupdate, even via wifi. After about an hour of web browsing, social media etc and an additional hour of listening to music, my phone is at 59% battery. Not great, but definitely an improvement of the last couple of days.

I'm now starting to think it was a fluke when I managed to get 20 minutes of music via bluetooth and battery remained at 100%.

I also emptied the cache from all my apps (they'll always show 12.00 kb)

As for the overheating, it doesn't even show on my battery usage now and my phone feels normal. I assume the overheating adjusts once to overcome the Google Play Services issue (I disabled it via the play store. If you don't know how to do this, Google it and there should be a link to the Play Store. Hopefully it'll take you to the Services on your phone. Force close and disable).

Hope this helps! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 138 of 620
Message 138 of 620

Have the same battery drain problem as everyone.

Also scrolling setting stutters.

Rubbish.
Visitor
Message 139 of 620
Message 139 of 620

Sony Xperia Z 6603  : Can anyone help me ? After the kitkat update i have this problem. The phone shuts down (90% + battery) and wont start only when is connected to an usb or wall charger. I downgraded to 4.3 ..same problem. I never had this problem before the kit kat update. Please help me if you had this problem. Thanks in advance

Inhabitant
Message 140 of 620
Message 140 of 620

Just an update, everyone: my phone (xperia z) seems to be ok now. No battery drain, no heat, no self-reboot in the last 7 hours. I charged it last night, switched it off and switched it on this morning 99% 5.30am. I've been using it since then. My battery is at 30% 12.50pm. I didn't stop/remove my Google Play services but it is no longer on my Battery Usage list. Yet i am using all google services i normally use (map, gmail, music, google drive, autosync). Only thing i did yesterday was to "force stop" xperia lounge, google newstand, google playgame and sm other apps i rarely use. I doubt this could have had any impact? Maybe the support team is remotely fixing the phones? I'll keep you posted.