account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 111 of 620
Message 111 of 620

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after update

Nothing works right now

Adviser
Message 112 of 620
Message 112 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

First off, I'd like to say thanks to sony for finaly releasing that update. Have been awaiting it for a while now.

Second point to that post: Why are you people freaking out like that? I mean... Christ on a bike! It's 4.2 and 4.3 all over again. Haven't you guys learned anything? Either  flush your memory/cache and power cycle your device, or factory reset if after a complete backup through  PC Companion.

I did get the over heating issue on the first 48 to 72 hours after updating, but nothing critical that I couldn't use my phone. Battery did drain a bit faster than usual, but then again, FW update means CPU having to deal with all the new stuff thrown at it, so of course, it's gonna be clocking full time and heat up. Then  again, after a few days, that went away too.

So please, take a chill pill, drink it down with a cold mug of what-have-you, sit back and relax.

And it doesn't seem to be plaging everyone. I do work for a large Canadian mobile network operator, and I'm sure we sold more than the 2 ZL I personnaly own, and we didn't have much comeback regarding these issues. So again, just take it slowly. It's all going to sort itself out in the end.

Lastly, my only concern: GPS on/off switch.

I do understand that Location from google services more or less replaced that, but I'd like to be able to activate my GPS separatly for apps such as Maps (or any other GPS usage) and not have everyone in my Facebook/Foursqare/Crazy Ex Radar knowing where I am.

Any chance to bring that back? Thanks.

And oh, the unit converter small app is still broken.

Strike that, I just decided to batch update my apps, and it turns out an (recently released?) update fixed that one. Much thanks.

Cheers!

"I know quote-fu"

Talent
Message 113 of 620
Message 113 of 620

can anyone comment on the camera who updated to 4.4.2

Guys, what do you think about the new camera ui offered in kitkat, has it been improved or just the like the previous one. Any difference in picture quality?
One time poster
Message 114 of 620
Message 114 of 620

Software Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z C6603 consumes a lot of battery power

The phone works for 8 hours with the new update, any solution to the problem?.

One time poster
Message 115 of 620
Message 115 of 620

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after update

same here,

checked the "Battery Usage" , Google Paly Services used up 80% of the battery (used to be the Screen to drain most)

Suspect a software bug

Talent
Message 116 of 620
Message 116 of 620

Does the auto rotation problem still exist?
Talent
Message 117 of 620
Message 117 of 620

According to me, I think the phone needs some days to adjust with the new os and after few days the battery performance comes to normal. So please be patient and wait for some more days.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 118 of 620
Message 118 of 620

but im getting battery issue in 4.3...now i disabled my google services from apps so battery life is fine.

original.png

Adept
Message 119 of 620
Message 119 of 620

Ok, after applying the fixes in my last post, (page 11) things look alaot better on the battery front.

After leaving it overnight, battery has gone down to 86% over a 6 hour period, which is awesome compared to the last few days. This includes wifi being on and connected to  smartband.

Continuing to monitor it of course, will post back later with further update.

Screenshot_2014-05-27-08-24-32.png

Regular
Message 120 of 620
Message 120 of 620

Hi all, after 4 days with the new android, battery still drains fast, google services are taking 75% of my evryday battery.

next step that i'm trying cleard all chash from google services, I will wait again 2-3 days (I dont want to factory reset i have so many apps with settings)

I'm a Sony fan, my audio and video equipment is Sony, and I still have some tape walkmans, but phones are rubbish from what i see. I had phones from sony and they all where a disappointment starting with Sony Ericson K850i and finishing with Xperia Z

Curently I have Xperia Z phone, Xperia ZR phone, Xperia Z tablet and SW2 Smartwatch.

I think Sony products don't need updating

Android 4.3 broke:

- layout in Xperia Z tablet

- Throw in Xperia Z phones and tablet

4.4 brokeonly the phone beacause I did not update anything else Slightly smiling Face

- battery + heating

- camera (lagging on start)

The only update that was good was the last one for the Smartwatch watch Slightly smiling Face
Problem SONY is that are premium gadgets and commercial is "the best of Sony in a phone/tablet"