account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Talent
Message 81 of 620
Message 81 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

looks like nobody is happy with kitkat update 

Adviser
Message 82 of 620
Message 82 of 620

I'm happy with mine now that it's working properly. Need to test it a bit more but the battery life is definitely improved after the factory reset, love the extra emoticons, I've got a cool Spider-Man theme now. Missed an opportunity to test the camera earlier though but curious to see the improvements to that. 

For those of you still having issues, I hope you get them resolved soon so that you can enjoy KitKat too. 

Learner
Message 83 of 620
Message 83 of 620

Hi Everybody,

I posted the other day because I was having the exact same issues as you. C6506 here. I followed the instructions to perform a factory reset, and I think it worked for me! I'm letting a little more time pass before I'm confident, but so far the battery life appears to be SIGNIFICANTLY improved. :smileysmileythumbsup:

A couple things I noticed after the factory reset was that the WALKMAN and ALBUM apps reverted to older revisions. The Update app didn't catch this so I wasn't able to update through there. I had to download and manually install the latest revisions. I've posted the links below for you if needed:

Walkman (8.3.A.0.2): Here

Album (6.0.A.0.26): Here

Anyone who is having the Battery Drain issue, I HIGHLY recommed you perform a factory reset. Please post on here your feedback how your phone is working afterwards. Trophy

Visitor
Message 84 of 620
Message 84 of 620

Xperia L here or ZQ, after the Kitkat my phone just **bleep**ed up, the battery is going down constantly quickly, and worst, after the new kitkat i put my phone on the charge and after 40 seconds my phone does not charge anymore, and its still conected.

The red LED turns off and the thunder icon from charging dissapear...

Sony should have tested the sistem before us...

Inhabitant
Message 85 of 620
Message 85 of 620

Completely agree with you

Adviser
Message 86 of 620
Message 86 of 620

Yeah, I agree that there should have been more testing. Very surprising that such a huge issue was missed, a battery that drains even while it's plugged in is definitely something that should have been tested thoroughly and quite an amateur error.

Talent
Message 87 of 620
Message 87 of 620

I am glad I perused this before upgrading. For those with problems, perhaps you may consider switching to an AOSP-flavored (Android Open Source Project) ROM. It is more pure Google AOSP and less Sony Bloat. There is not much work to do to switch. Sony even permits Google to sell the Xperia Z Ultra as a "Google" phone

Why consider this?

1. AOSP is open source, which means developers from around the world contribute to and improve it.
  2. No bloatware, just pure apps designed by Google with core functionality.
  3. Much more frequent and timely updates (ex. 4.4.2 was available as early as last December for Xperia models).
  4. Much more timely bug fixes.
  5. Lower memory use.
  6. Cyanogen custom ROM is the ROM used on the new OnePlus ONE phone recently released.

Risks are:

1. No Bravia Engine.
  2. No custom Sony DRM keys. Learn more about this before choosing.
  3. Potential Warranty Issues.

The good news is that with proper preparation (and there are threads on this already on these forums), you can fully restore your phone to factory stock with original DRM keys and restore Bravia Engine. So, other than having to restore data, you can go back and forth.

Now, as for the battery. Things like Screen Brightness, WIFI and Location settings should be checked, Some apps may not close properly thereby continue to draw current. I notice that when I have a poor signal, the phone is constantly searching for a better one and this draws down the battery terribly. When I use GPS (Screen is always on then) and Bluetooth and LTE, boy does the battery drain. Even when using the car charger, the 1 AMP is not enough to keep the battery from draining!

I believe Sony is doing their best to respond to need and keep current as possible with their releases. However, this rush may be leading to lower quality.

Good Luck.

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
Inhabitant
Message 88 of 620
Message 88 of 620

Did anyone seen the new process in running applications list?

Screenshot_2014-05-26-14-52-15~2.jpg

This is a ''Overheat control''. Maybe google knows about heating issue, that why they control the phone status. On previous firmwave this process was absent.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 89 of 620
Message 89 of 620

Does anyone from Sony support group read these feedbacks? Any response from their team?

I use Xperia Z. I upgraded about 5 days ago. Having noticed that the battery drains quickly I followed their troubleshooting guide but it didn't help. Google Services eats up about 89% battery usage. The battery heats up too. Also I don't think there is need for two tabs - one for Notification and the other for Quick Settings.

I hope someone on Sony support team is reading this and they will let us know the fix.

Apprentice
Message 90 of 620
Message 90 of 620

same problems here:

heating

battary drains

and laggy - problem partly solved after activating GPU RENDERING

google services eating 85% of my battery.

Please Sony do something because i love this phone

I'm sorry because i did the update. the phone was great before kitkat

--------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z (C 6603)