account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 31 of 620
Message 31 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems fo xperia z zl and zr

Did you restart your phone coz that fixed mine.

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 620
Message 32 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

@shaanyt wrote:

Camera has faster shutter speed, yes, but CRAPPY SLOW picture saving speed, now after we take a pic, we need to wait longer til we can snap again.

Audio stutter when using headphones is so **bleep** terrible.

Overall, kitkat lags more than jellybean.

Congratz sony, Operation Buy Z2 successful, also "let's blame google, it's google's fault"

@shaanyt wrote:

Camera has faster shutter speed, yes, but CRAPPY SLOW picture saving speed, now after we take a pic, we need to wait longer til we can snap again.

Audio stutter when using headphones is so **bleep** terrible.

Overall, kitkat lags more than jellybean.

Congratz sony, Operation Buy Z2 successful, also "let's blame google, it's google's fault"

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 620
Message 33 of 620

i knew the kitkat version which sony launched would be rubbish. time to switch to samsung everyone

Visitor
Message 34 of 620
Message 34 of 620

yep, of cuz i restarted the phone, wouldnt be much of an android user if i didnt try restarting the phone a dozen times just to see if some miracle magical maleficent **bleep** would happen, but, NOPE, still lags everywhere, music stutters like it's gonna give me money, camera snaps faster but takes it's own sweet time to save the pic.

Flashing back 4.3. YAY !

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 35 of 620
Message 35 of 620

It seems the Wi-Fi issues from 4.3 still exists in 4.4, still not quite stable compared to 4.2

One time poster
Message 36 of 620
Message 36 of 620

This Update has completely messed my phone.

I have all the same issues as everyone else. Battery usage increase, lag on every app start, phone takeing forever to restart or tunr on SIGNAL DROPPING FOR NO APPERENT REASON EVERY 4-5 MINUTES!!! 

But the worst one of all is my phone powers off on its own when i try to start an app or even bring down the notification bar when it drops signal. and i cant will NOT power back on until it is plugged into a power source. even with the batterie full.

ohh and when i put it into airplane mode, and turn it off. it doesnt even try to find signal, Network or 4G.

Ive done a Factory reset and even reinstalled the update through PCC and nothing has fixed any of these issues.

This my second Xperia ZL, the first one had microphone and speaker stop working after a month out of the box,and 2 months after release. This second one so far has bricked 2 SD cards and now this....  

SONY NEEDS TO FIX THIS! 

...should of stuck with HTC, had 3 of them with out any issues.

Talent
Message 37 of 620
Message 37 of 620

are you looking at this mr Johan and mr Rickard these problems are legit and need a fix tell your software team that the kitkat firmware which was design for 512 mb ram phones is laggy in a 2 gb ram phone and heating the device and draining battery in 10 hrs with no heavy usage 

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 620
Message 38 of 620

designed for 512mb still laggy on 2gb... sony rocks!!!
Life is One! Have Funn!!
Rookie
Message 39 of 620
Message 39 of 620

Hi everyone

Since updating to 4.4.2, my walkman and album apps seem to have reverted to previous versions. Before the upgrade, I had the most up to date versions (both had a side bars that could be swipped open from the left hand side and the Walkman interface had been totally revamped).

After upgrading, they appear to have gone back to the older style interface. I've also lost the ability in walkman to scroll down my list of songs quickly by dragging my finger down the right hand side of the screen.

My phone says that I have the latest version of each app.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

One time poster
Message 40 of 620
Message 40 of 620

So...

1. laggy as **bleep**

2. google services consumes whole battery even in standby (70% of batter during 8h in locker)...

Is there any way how to downgrade without root?