account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 801 of 953
Message 801 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Simokimi, with location service ON.

KingFox, yes you will continue recirving updates normal from the playstore for the service.

But today Google Play Service used 31 % of battery. Hope it doesn't get worse !

One time poster
Message 802 of 953
Message 802 of 953

My solution worked well.

I disabled Google Service. Immediately Maps and Location Service etc. became not working. Then I reinstalled Google Service to get back Maps etc. After this action Xperia Z seems perfect as shown in the screen shots. I needed to reinstall some apps like Bus Countdown which did not find where I was on the street. Today is the 3rd day with perfect operation.

Screenshot_2014-08-22-15-47-48.pngScreenshot_2014-08-22-15-48-52.png

Adept
Message 803 of 953
Message 803 of 953

We need a final solution!!!! There are 100 solutions and some of them wont working, some of them working and some of the working but disabling feautures!

Please tell us a final solution!

Visitor
Message 804 of 953
Message 804 of 953

Re: New version Google play services 5.0, still have battery drain problem

If you use flash tool and re-flash back to android 4.3 your phone and battery will be back to normal
Visitor
Message 805 of 953
Message 805 of 953

Re-flash your xperia z back to android 4.3 and your phone and battery will be back to normal, worked a treat for me
Message 806 of 953
Message 806 of 953

I did the same thing. In fact I downgraded to 4.1.2 because it generally believed that Xperia phones run the best on the firmware that comes out of the box. People who are blaming Sony and the Xperia brand need to do a little research. It is not Sony's fault; it is an android issue. A lot of smartphones on 4.4.2 KitKat belonging to various brands are affected by this bug including Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy Notes, HTC Ones, Moto G/X and even the Nexus line. People looking to move to another brand will face the same issue over there too. It seems that the issue is more likely to appear depending on the apps installed on a particular phone and usage habits. Some people face it while others dont and that is why companies are not taking it seriously. It is not a hardware or a particular company's firmware's fault; it is a general android issue affecting all phones.

One time poster
Message 807 of 953
Message 807 of 953

I am still getting this problem, when can we expect a proper fix for it, it's been months now, it should have been sorted long before now, have sony decided to not properly support that I received less than 12 months ago!
Inhabitant
Message 808 of 953
Message 808 of 953

@AsimLeonheart wrote:

I did the same thing. In fact I downgraded to 4.1.2 because it generally believed that Xperia phones run the best on the firmware that comes out of the box. People who are blaming Sony and the Xperia brand need to do a little research. It is not Sony's fault; it is an android issue. A lot of smartphones on 4.4.2 KitKat belonging to various brands are affected by this bug including Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy Notes, HTC Ones, Moto G/X and even the Nexus line. People looking to move to another brand will face the same issue over there too. It seems that the issue is more likely to appear depending on the apps installed on a particular phone and usage habits. Some people face it while others dont and that is why companies are not taking it seriously. It is not a hardware or a particular company's firmware's fault; it is a general android issue affecting all phones.

But if it is just an Android issue, does tham mean that if I were to buy phone with KitKat out of the box (like Z2) I would still have this issue? I don't think so, or at least i hope not.

One time poster
Message 809 of 953
Message 809 of 953

I bought a xperia z1 today after using a simple vodafone piece of junk for 6 years. Now.... wow.... Not only do i not own my phone it seems (as i can't uninstall a few gb of bloatware that i will never ever ever use), but that ***** google play is burnning my battery at insane rates. I cannot uninstall any updates, as there is no such option, not even a greyd out one. I have turned off everything i could (not that much it seems) and and clicked on all power saving options, but the phone is hot and the battery is getting empty by the minutes....

I have some experience on running arch linux, so i'm wondering if a viable fix would be to root the device (not that i know how to do it yet) and install an older stock android? Or maybe the beta of the upcoming one? 

It would be nice to actually use this device now that i bought it, as it costed a fair ammount of money. I'm wondering if i would have been better of buying some cheap prestigio phone instead....

Adviser
Message 810 of 953
Message 810 of 953

hello all.. I want to share my experience, i used to have the same issue with google play service 5.0.89 (038), i have tried disable this and that in the setting, downgraded google play service, I even reflashed my XZ, at first everything was fixed with flashing, with latest firmware! but the problem occured after i updated my play service to 5.0.89 (038) again. play service used 91% of battery and it lasted less than 5 hours only. so i kept trying to clear play service cache and data, set location off, play store auto update off, android device manager unticked, account sync off, then restarted it to see if magic would happen, but nothing still play service ate my battery around 90% usage!.! I was hopeless lol. so I re-set location on and account sync on again, but not with play store auto update and android device manager, i kept them off since i dont like it to auto update my apps, and i was to lazy to go to android device manager setting. So then I let my phone over wifi for some moment but when I checked my battery usage after about 1 hour over wifi, my play service down to 80%, next hour i checked it used, 50%, the other next time i checked it used around 30% and then its now staying at 20%! i dont know what happen, my location os set to high accurancy, account sync is on! i can not conclude anything yet, just sharing. thanks