account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 731 of 953
Message 731 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

I also did this though,

Settings > Google (accounts) > Ads > Tick the box for Opt out of interest-based ads and also disable back up of your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset (Personal) > uncheck the box for “Back up my data”.

If you are unable to uninstall the update for Google Play Services from Settings > Apps, go to Settings -> Security -> Device administrators and disable "Android Device Manager"

The only thing I kept was location settings which is at high accuracy with the 5.0.89

Commissioner
Message 732 of 953
Message 732 of 953

@fuzzywulf wrote:

I also did this though,

Settings > Google (accounts) > Ads > Tick the box for Opt out of interest-based ads and also disable back up of your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset (Personal) > uncheck the box for “Back up my data”.

For me, this had been not sufficient to stop extra battery drain
I had also to *disable* the "Google Backup Transport".
Settings->Apps->disabled should appears like this:

gbt disabled

Inhabitant
Message 733 of 953
Message 733 of 953

Re: New version Google play services 5.0, still have battery drain problem

Hello I installes Google Play Services 5.0.89 on monday and have to un-install it today because the battery drain continue, does anyone else have this problem.???

Inhabitant
Message 734 of 953
Message 734 of 953

I was just wondering, could someone install "lifelog" app and enable logging (tick everything)and see if battery still drain on 5.0.89.
Inhabitant
Message 735 of 953
Message 735 of 953

Mine seems to stopped having battery drain on 5.0.89,but apparently only some people have this and most others still have the issue
Learner
Message 736 of 953
Message 736 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

Right now, on the market are many other Android based smartphones brands which are working fine with the latest Google services. So ...

Adept
Message 737 of 953
Message 737 of 953

Stop blaming SONY!

Do some research everyone is suffering!!!

Nexus

Motorola

Samsung

HTC

It's googles fault but nobody is doing anything!!

Regular
Message 738 of 953
Message 738 of 953

I was wondering also if any other brands suffer from the same problem.

Can you post any recent links to sources?

What I did find was someone posting that he Fixed the issue in a custom Rom..

Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/orig-development/kma-cm-11-101-sony-kernel-blobs-t2708325/p... more info. 

Did anyone try that Rom? 

Regular
Message 739 of 953
Message 739 of 953

My ZL still has the battery drain problem with 5.0.89 installed, it just not happen that often, it is quite annoying when it did, especially I expect the battery still has at least 80% in the morning, but the drain problem eats that all...

Message 740 of 953
Message 740 of 953

Hi Johan ,

As per your information we waited for the play store update but still no solution my xperia z is still facing the same battery issues. Please let me know when will the fix be released.

Vikrant