account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 61 of 953
Message 61 of 953

Re: Battery problem seems to be fixed.

Hey, I've been reading the responses from everyone. I am a little useless though when it comes to the tech stuff. So I have had the same problem with the update, poor battery life and the the google play services taking up 93% of my battery life. I understand ppl are talking about deleting the cache and stoppping or removing the google play services or data. Please forgive me for being stupid, but could someone explain to me step by step how to do this? I have tried to go into running apps and stop the google play services but it just restarts and i cant get rid of it. Any help is much appreciated... please!!!!

Adept
Message 62 of 953
Message 62 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Go to settings,apps, and go to all apps and go through all the Google services 1 at a time
Apprentice
Message 63 of 953
Message 63 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Clearing caches has not worked for me,I have tried a repair to no avail.I think its time to throw this phone away and get an htc Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 64 of 953
Message 64 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

My phone a new super feature after update! It restart every few minutes on it's own. Then it work several houres "normaly" and start it over. The rest of issues (lagging menu, lagging call answering etc) are also there. The best thing is, support hotline in my country (Poland) have only one answer: there is NO known issue Slightly frowning Face Please reset your phone and update it one more time via PC Companion. Helps a lot...

One time poster
Message 65 of 953
Message 65 of 953

I went to settings>apps>running > look for Google play services > uninstall updates.
This will stop Google from draining the battery, I did the same with Google +. The phone will ask u to update it again when open some apps, but I won't do that for a while > I will wait for Google changes or Sony
Adviser
Message 66 of 953
Message 66 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

Mine is exactly the same since the new update last week. Google services using between 80 and 90%. Disabled and still battery life is draining fast without me using the phone much. Gone from 100% charge to 66% in 3 hours. Is this issue gonna get resolved? Any help out there? Thanks in advance.
Visitor
Message 67 of 953
Message 67 of 953

Upgraded to Kit-Kat and the battery life is just brutal. My battery (or processor) is extremely hot all day and my battery goes from 100-30 in a matter of about 4hrs with very minimal activity. I just tried to disable google play services but it won't let me:

"Can't uninstall b/c this package is an active device administrator". 

When I go to "manage device administrators" it gives me the option to remove items like myXperia, Enterprise Services, and Android Device Manager - Which I am sure that I do not want to uncheck. 

I assume that Sony will be coming out with a patch for this some time soon? I can't keep my phone on a charger all day!

Displaying Screenshot_2014-05-28-17-45-37.png

Apprentice
Message 68 of 953
Message 68 of 953

This is one of the worst update I ever done.

I use my phone in my work and really need to have it working. Now it dies 3-4 a'clock in the afternoon.
If I try to charge it via USB it only stop discharging. Not enough power to charge it.

All the time the phone if warm on the back, in the upper part.

Sony (or Google) really have to correct this bug NOW!

No weekend untill this is fixed. Capish?

Best regards,

/Sören

Enthusiast
Message 69 of 953
Message 69 of 953

Re: Battery Draining issue started in 4.3...

Just disable google services in settings>App>google play services and restart your phone then enable it...me too faced same problem in 4.3 but now it's cleared.
Enthusiast
Message 70 of 953
Message 70 of 953

I just disabled my Google play services and restarted phone then I enable it again and updated my play services... Till now no worries so try it guys.