account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 51 of 953
Message 51 of 953

Battery problem seems to be fixed.

Hi.

As most of you Xperia Z owners have experienced after the update to Android 4.4.2, I had the horrific battery drain caused by google play services.

After reading alot of forum posts, but none of them really came up with a solution, I simply removed the cache of the "google play services" app, and removed all Data. I then restarted the phone ( volume up + powerbutton)

The phone has been turned on for almost 7 hours, and I still have 90% battery left. Medium use with WIFI, 3g, GPS turned on. Stamina mode is also turned on.

Screenshot_2014-05-27-23-55-08.png

As you can see, "Google Play services" isnt even on the list.

J.

Learner
Message 52 of 953
Message 52 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

CoolTails, what apps exactly?

And did you clear the cache only or the data too?

Message 53 of 953
Message 53 of 953

Battery Draining issue started in 4.3...

Screenshot_2014-05-28-11-13-52.pngHello... What is this Sony.??? The 4.4 users had the problem of drainage of battery... Looking at that I do not want to update to 4.4 until its bugs are fixed... So again I started waiting like I waited for the release of kitkat... But Guess what... the problem is now on my phone I have jelly bean 4.3 it has the same bug of draining battery... The same issue of the Google services using 90% of battery... Today at 9 A.M my phone had 100% then I removed the charger and kept my phone unused upto 11 Am no calls no Texts and moreover mobile data and wifi was also not On... When I looked at the battery percentage it was 75%... I not used my phone then also 25% battery was used in just 2 hours... And when I looked at battery usage the I got to know that's it's Google services that used 90% of the battery... And I'm from India the 4.4 is still not available here... Pls Someone help me out...

Visitor
Message 54 of 953
Message 54 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

Disably it by going into app manager on settings, and then go into 'All Apps' 

Then find Google Play Services and press it, then press disable.

Adept
Message 55 of 953
Message 55 of 953

Literally went through all apps, and anything with google in ,went in and deleted all the caches. still working fine 2 days running btw..

Inhabitant
Message 56 of 953
Message 56 of 953

My Xperia Z Battery backup was perfect before. but after 4.4.2 update its horible!! its getting drain quickly ;  100% to 93% in just 5 min.

90% 35% in 4 hr. ( in steimina mode and battery saver mode) .. no internet, wifi... 

strnage !!

whats the sol?

Adviser
Message 57 of 953
Message 57 of 953

Hi.

After deletion of cache and Data of the Google Play Services app yesterday, My Phone is now at 26%. Been operational 20 hours. Been using the phone for calls alot the last 5 hours.

I'm very happy that my Xperia is finally working flawless again. :smileysmileythumbsup:

J.

Rookie
Message 58 of 953
Message 58 of 953

Hi cooltails, i used your fix for my xperia z, overheating since update, it's. A miracle working perfect now thank you so much
Learner
Message 59 of 953
Message 59 of 953

Before doing that i tried a factory reset, it work just for one day, the Google Services battery drain bug appeared again, then i installed an app called Battery Doctor and clean the cache of the Google apps, apparently that solved the problem, i have used the phone today regularly for about 5 hours and still gor 80% of battery, i will be monitoring for a few more days to see if this solved the battery problem, thanks for the help.

One time poster
Message 60 of 953
Message 60 of 953

Re: **BATTERY LIFE - SOFTWARE UPDATE

Since update to 4.4.2 battery doesn't even last a day before I managed ~ 45 hours! And the mobile data seems to be having issues since the update. My phone searches for data connection / connectivity about 10 times even though I haven't moved an inch.... Help!!!😭