account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Message 831 of 953
Message 831 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Hallo belingxda,

if you mean me, the updateinformation for our 2 ZL-Phones, come all from the Update Center app of the mobiles and we load it with this app in our Wlan and let it install.

May it help you

Learner
Message 832 of 953
Message 832 of 953

Hi,appreciate your reply but I'm not meaning this.

I am referring to the person that posted the XZ 4.4.4 screenshot
XZ1
Learner
Message 833 of 953
Message 833 of 953

Any way to upload FTF or just update pack files ?

XZ1
Learner
Message 834 of 953
Message 834 of 953

Bandolero

How long will your test take? Slightly smiling Face

All new UI-updates (like theme picker in Z2, Z1 etc) and new sys-app updates included in this 4.4.4?

Z1 series 4.4.4 did, so...

Message 835 of 953
Message 835 of 953

Re: Diane Stech is troubled after purchasing Xperia Z.

Hello Diane,

Welcome to KitKat... Slightly frowning Face Ever since KitKat was released for the first time it has been buggy. Phones from various brands have been suffering from various kinds of gllitches and bugs. The biggest issue is the battery drain resulting from a bug that does not lets the CPU sleep and forces it to work idly. Google has been trying to fix it and phone manufacturers have been trying to release the latest update hoping that it will fix the issue. Right now all hopes are pegged on the upcoming KitKat 4.4.4 update. You have two options now. You can either wait for the update while living with a dreadful battery life and hope that it fixes this issue or downgrade back to Jelly Bean 4.3 with smooth functionality and excellent battery life. I downgraded and will update back to KitKat once this battery drain issue is resolved. If you need anymore information then you can ask me. I will be glad to help.

Demigod
Message 836 of 953
Message 836 of 953

Hi All,

I'm not a heavy user, but after the update so far is quite good on the battery consumption.

Will try to find out more by this weekend whereby i have more time.

Screenshot_2014-08-28-09-42-44.png        Screenshot_2014-08-28-09-42-36.png

I won't be able to provide the file and i update my phone from the flash tool. This may not be the final as Sony have not announce yet for release, But if there's any new updates or news will keep everyone posted here.

Thanks have a great day.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 837 of 953
Message 837 of 953

@Bandolero wrote:

Hi All,

I'm not a heavy user, but after the update so far is quite good on the battery consumption.

Will try to find out more by this weekend whereby i have more time.

Screenshot_2014-08-28-09-42-44.png        Screenshot_2014-08-28-09-42-36.png

I won't be able to provide the file and i update my phone from the flash tool. This may not be the final as Sony have not announce yet for release, But if there's any new updates or news will keep everyone posted here.

Thanks have a great day.

will you do this test with stamina mode off? stamina shouldn't need to be on all the time to get a decent amount of battery use surely?

Adept
Message 838 of 953
Message 838 of 953

When the 4.4.4 will rollout for xperia Z?

Commissioner
Message 839 of 953
Message 839 of 953

@KingFox wrote:

When the 4.4.4 will rollout for xperia Z?

Question already answered here: "shortly"Smiling Face with Halo

(after having been waiting for months, few days or even one or two week is not a big deal)

Enthusiast
Message 840 of 953
Message 840 of 953

@Bandolero: could you tell us if the interface is laggy as it was in 4.4.2? In that version to get a decent performance it was necessary to force GPU acceleration in developers options.