account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 721 of 953
Message 721 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

@CoolRaoul and Fuzzy

Thank you for your answears. i'm pretty sure i already tried these settings with no success, but i'll give them one more Try.

I think you both cleared cache and managed space for the google services?

Have you only disabled the backup transport service or did you Disable google backup in the menu too?

Google Now is on with full functionality?

Commissioner
Message 722 of 953
Message 722 of 953

@Homer-Mix wrote:

I think you both cleared cache and managed space for the google services?

Done it before but not recently.

Have you only disabled the backup transport service or did you Disable google backup in the menu too?

both

Google Now is on with full functionality?

Yes

Regular
Message 723 of 953
Message 723 of 953

just recieved a replacement handset, i shall let you know how this one turns out

Regular
Message 724 of 953
Message 724 of 953

low and behold, the thing still overheats and battery drain issues. this is rediculous

Adept
Message 725 of 953
Message 725 of 953

After almost 5 weeks with no drain...
Today i have a fast drain, f**** this... 
Its time to send the phone to warranty, even if i have to send them 3 times, after the 3rd time they havr to refund me, or give me a new phone.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 726 of 953
Message 726 of 953

after phoning i am told to be getting a new handset but not known which one as of yet

Adept
Message 727 of 953
Message 727 of 953

I email them again, i'm waiting for their answer, after that i will send the phone to warranty. 

Visitor
Message 728 of 953
Message 728 of 953

Xperia Z KitKat Update Ruined my phone

I have Xperia Z (C6603) phone. It is a grate phone I ever used, smart design, battery life, peroformance etc etc.

I was counting my fingues to install KitKat on this grate phone. One day I saw a message saying new update is released (KitKat). I was so happy and same day evenning after I went to home, and started to install latest version. Installation was so smooth and every thing was fine too.

I could so happy about my phone is only 2 days. Phone battery life is so short about 8 hours. Previously I used for more than 2 days. After that I google and see is there any similer issues. Oh my god, there are lot of issues I found similer. 

Now my grate phone is ruined by KitKat. Now I am using it with out "Google pay servies". Always giving messages saying Update Google play service. Most of google apps are not working properly.

My cencern is Sony is big company in the world. When they release new versions, dont they check it on each devices for issues ? Whay cant they do that ? At leaset when somthing goes wrong there should be proper workaround for this. 

I am using phones from Erricson, sony erricson and sony for last 15 years. I am seriosly unhappy about this issue and Sony.

How long should we wait for next release, or do we need to buy new phone untill this issue is fixed ?

Rookie
Message 729 of 953
Message 729 of 953

Re: Xperia Z KitKat Update Ruined my phone

Since Google play Services 5.0.89 got installed and now my battery is draining...

Sony knows about this problem since ages, and this is still happening. Who is still going to buy a Sony after this experience of having a phone you can't really use because it has to be charged 3+ times a day? I have to reactivate my 15 year old Nokia. That battery still lasts longer!

Adviser
Message 730 of 953
Message 730 of 953

@coolraoul and fuzzy
Tried your settings and as i thought i get sévère drain After very few hours. Thé only thing working for me is Setting location to Device only, but this cripples thé Phone severely and is Not a solution. Anyway thanks for your input.