account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 711 of 953
Message 711 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

5.0.89 unfortunatly didnt fix anything for me. I still have to charge the phone twice à Day and over night.
Regular
Message 712 of 953
Message 712 of 953

after having my phone less than a week, i took it back to store, was told by network they would replace the handset, but it has been sent for repair. xperia's twitter gave me one idea to try, then stopped replying when i said it didn't work. i now have to wait for handset to be fixed or replaced. kinda dispointed as my xpera t was sent for repair due to over heating and they sent a z as replacement which gets extremely hot and drains rather fast

Visitor
Message 713 of 953
Message 713 of 953

Extremely poor battery life

Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help, ever since the latest softwear update to kitkat, the battery life on my phone has been awfull and the google play app seems to be using about 92% of my battery life, despite auto update of apps being turned off. I have tried restoring / repairing the phone using the pc companion but nothing seems to help. Battery on phone lasts about 5 hours if that ):

One time poster
Message 714 of 953
Message 714 of 953

Re: Extremely poor battery life

same problem here

@Emmaarr wrote:

Hi i'm wondering if anyone can help, ever since the latest softwear update to kitkat, the battery life on my phone has been awfull and the google play app seems to be using about 92% of my battery life, despite auto update of apps being turned off. I have tried restoring / repairing the phone using the pc companion but nothing seems to help. Battery on phone lasts about 5 hours if that ):

Visitor
Message 715 of 953
Message 715 of 953

Re: Extremely poor battery life

I've literally tried anything, even vodaphone won't help me as the phone is over a year old, they just said it was wear & tear :<

Inhabitant
Message 716 of 953
Message 716 of 953

Mine have no more battery drain after the 5.0.89 version of google play services, used it for 2days now
Adviser
Message 717 of 953
Message 717 of 953

For thèse With no more battery drain With 5.0.89. What are your settings for location? High accuracy? Do you have ans apps or services disabled? What about google Backup and google Backup Transport? Please Post your settings. Since it doesnt Seen to work for everyone by default.
Commissioner
Message 718 of 953
Message 718 of 953

@Homer-Mix wrote:
For those With no more battery drain With 5.0.89. What are your settings for location? High accuracy? Do you have ans apps or services disabled? What about google Backup and google Backup Transport? Please Post your settings. Since it doesnt Seen to work for everyone by default.

My settings:

• Google Backup Transport: disabled.
  • Google Settings: Ads -> "Opt out interest-based ads": set
  • No other app or service disabled

No extra battery drain with those settings, but as I've written before, "your mileage may vary".

When I reactivate "Google Backup Transport", battery start draining again quickly.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 719 of 953
Message 719 of 953

surely ony must realise that compromising on performance to stop a battery drain and overheating issue is not the answer. it's surely a case of false advertising if the only solution they have offered is to turn on most of the performance settings. 

Inhabitant
Message 720 of 953
Message 720 of 953

My settings are same as CoolRaoul's.