account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Learner
Message 681 of 953
Message 681 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

They don't care about z costumers anymore...
Adept
Message 682 of 953
Message 682 of 953

No PBertie weather it's no accurate, for me it gets a 50km station, and since I live near the sea it's very different. Also geo tag in pics.
Remember that it differ from countries.

But try again to do the last recommendations in the thread, maybe now will work, or a hard reset.

Sony will only solve this if one phone explode after overheating.
Adept
Message 683 of 953
Message 683 of 953

overheating fix

Okay ive worked to find a solution for all you running 4.4.2. Ive had two Xperia ZLs to test this and this is what worked, the battery gets warm but not hot!

Downgrade or upgrade to Google play services 5.0.84
Unistall all updates for google+
Unistall all updates for Chrome
Unistall all updates for Cloud Print

Hard reset vol+ power until It vibrates 3 times.

I cant pinpoint which one of the above is the actual problem but i stopped when i felt that the battery wasnt overheating anymore. Kudo if it worked please.
Adviser
Message 684 of 953
Message 684 of 953

Re: Xperia Z extreme battery drain by Google Services

@Samuel - Recently a couple of days back, got an update from Sony when I connected my phone to PC. The update didn't change anything in the build number. It's still .230. After the update I tried switching back to battery saving mode, but it didn't work. The problem is still there. And I have the latest Google Play Services 5.0.84

Apprentice
Message 685 of 953
Message 685 of 953

So how will I able to resolve the problem
One time poster
Message 686 of 953
Message 686 of 953

Battery drain after 4.4 update

After updating my sony xperia ZL to 4.4.2, the battery drain so fast.. any solution for this? is there any other updates that can eliminate this bug?

Visitor
Message 687 of 953
Message 687 of 953

Re: Battery drain after 4.4 update

No , and Sony doesn't know either. It's brutal. Sony mobile came up with a "fix" that worked for 24 hours. Brutal.

Adept
Message 688 of 953
Message 688 of 953

Re: Xperia Z extreme battery drain by Google Services

unistall all updates for google+, chrome and air print!
Disable stamina mode and reset

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 689 of 953
Message 689 of 953

Xperia ZL keeps restarting - complete battery drain

My xperia zl c6506 continuously restarts.  After 4+ hours a full battery is completely drained. 

Events that preceded the restarts:  I was not receiving any data service, contacted my carrier (tmobile), who was useless, but in trying to help me, made me hold down the "power" and "volume up" buttons for a few seconds, which did nothing (but I am wondering if that is somehow causing the restarts).  RESTARTS ONLY OCCUR WHEN THE PHONE IS NOT PLUGGED IN (i.e. only when it is on battery power). 

On another forum, I was advised to re-download internet settings on the phone to get the data to work (settings à wireless + networks à more à internet settings).  I did this and the data now works....except for the constant restarts…did the download have something to do with it….?  Please help.

Adept
Message 690 of 953
Message 690 of 953

Re: Xperia ZL keeps restarting - complete battery drain

Do people ignore what I say?!

IF YOU SUFFER FROM REBOOT TURN OFF STAMINA!!!