account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 361 of 953
Message 361 of 953

Re: New version Google play services 5.0, still have battery drain problem

Install the new play services. Go to system apps and Google play services abs force stop it
Visitor
Message 362 of 953
Message 362 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

as well as leaving a review on 'Google Play Services' app page,

I'm going to leave similar reviews on the pages of all the apps that no longer work. 

link to sony's statement if you're looking for it too: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/4-4-2-Battery-Drain-issue-Workaround-Fix/m-p/708273#M42...).

Commissioner
Message 363 of 953
Message 363 of 953

@keenly wrote:

as well as leaving a review on 'Google Play Services' app page,

Have you noted how this specific page of the Play Store is difficult to find?

Entering "Google Play Services" in search field of https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en leads to

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Google%20Play%20Services&c=apps&hl=en with thousands of unrelated applications

Adviser
Message 364 of 953
Message 364 of 953

Excessive battery drain Xperia Z

I see many threads about this issue, also some so-called solutions, but none is satisfying so far. So one more thread here, and I hope some of the smarter people around here can help me out! 

Since the Kit Kat update... here we go...

- First my battery was drained by Google Services... and I mean constantly!

I solved this by going to settings - location - mode - and switched it to "device only".- problem solved.

- Now I am getting a huge drain from Sony itself:: com.sonymobile.social.service

- Also once in a while Android itself goes berserk and goes all the way up to 73% of my battery usage

Is there a all-in-one solution available? Or do I just have to disable all the goodies on my phone in order to get through the day with a fully charged battery? I mean, if that's the solution I might as well get myself a Nokia 3310. 

Don't get me wrong; I am a huge Sony fan, got everyone around me to switch to Sony and I am extremely happy with my Xperia Z2 tablet, but the performance of my Z is now extremely dissappointing.

I hope to get some clear answers, not only for myself but also for the people around me who have gotten the Z based on my advice. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 365 of 953
Message 365 of 953

battery drains so fast plus heating problem

Hello. I am pretty much sure that I am not the only one experiencing the heating problem of my z1. I have many posts here regarding this but as of date, i am really bothered coz i have observed that my phone's battery is draining fast and i found it not normal. Even after charging up my phone to 100%. When i unplug it from my charger and turn on my mobile data or connect to wifi, it easily drains and no longer lasts for hours. There are also days when i go out with my phone fully charged yet it no longer last for one day and have to charge it again even though i am not using it much. I dont know but is there a problem with my battery? Help? Because one of the reasons why i always buy xperia is because of its battery life. I didnt xperienced this with my xperia sp. I am really bothered. I just bought my z1 march this year.
Message 366 of 953
Message 366 of 953

Google Play Services v5.0.82 available now so just updated that and have a full charge so I'll see if my phone is still on in the morning.
Enthusiast
Message 367 of 953
Message 367 of 953

.apk please?
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 368 of 953
Message 368 of 953

Re: Excessive battery drain Xperia Z

I would advise running a repair to resolve the two other issues:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 369 of 953
Message 369 of 953

I got it from the play store, I was at the stock version so I constantly had notifications to update. Mind it says this version was uploaded on 27th which is weird because I've been checking everyday and this is the first time it changed from v4.4.52, although the uploaded date did keep changing.

As for how it did only went down by 10% in 8.5hrs. It's been similar when I reinstalled v4.4.52 so won't know if the issue has gone until a few days.

Mind Google Services has the high score on battery usage but the keep awake time was only 44min as opposed to with the issue it matches the uptime.

Before I've seen this then Google Services disappears from the list and Google Play Services comes back.
Inhabitant
Message 370 of 953
Message 370 of 953

Re: New version Google play services 5.0, still have battery drain problem

I could download a new version of Google Search yesterday evening. Together with the Google Play Services 5.0.81 there is no significant battery drain on my Xperia Z anymore (except for Lifelog which still uses a lot of battery). With the Google Search update the Z can go into DeepSleep mode as well (didn´t work wih only the Google Play Services 5.0.81 installed).

So i guess the problem is fixed now.