account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 311 of 953
Message 311 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Downloaded and installed V5 of the google services. Cleared cache, data and switched location back on and rebooted my Z

Now i can look at the google services climbing up the ladder again in the power cunsumption list. so no: doesn't look like a fix from google.

Needless to say i'm slightly pissed....

Apprentice
Message 312 of 953
Message 312 of 953

Is there any update from Sony on this ?

Is Google working on it...v5 of Google Play Services doesnt seem to resolve the problem from the few posts where its been tried...surely your customers are of interest to you Sony ? No ?

A short period for this to be fixed was essential but heading towards a month with no fix is beyond a joke !!

and...youve just lost our entire groups phone choice from "Xperia Z2" to "Samsung Galaxy S5" on basis of this.

Ed.

Apprentice
Message 313 of 953
Message 313 of 953

PBertie_85, does it say v4.4.52 in Google Play app or in Google Play Services app information (Configuration->App->......)? Because I updated to v5 and in Google Play it says v4.... but in Google Play Services it says v5! (And that is OK)

By the way, 1h30m of use and my phone is still in 94% !

When I finish my day, I will post about my battery.
Enthusiast
Message 314 of 953
Message 314 of 953

After 4h I can tell you that is not working for me. I dont know it its better than before, but not yet as it was on 4.3.

Google play services is still the app using more battery, followed by Android system, and Android OS 

One time poster
Message 315 of 953
Message 315 of 953

Sony Xperia Z Kit Kat (Battery Life!!!)

Recently i installed the update for kit kat 4.4.2 on my sony xperia z, since this update my battery life has gone from lasting at least 2 days to now 8-9 hours. I have done the repair and re-installation of the software in the sony companion but still drains the battery very quickly. I now find im no longer using the phone for my apps eg : play store as this decreases the battery life even further, i have also trimmed down back ground apps but to no avail. My question is there a resolution for this problem please ?

Adviser
Message 316 of 953
Message 316 of 953

@lauchagonzalez 

Configuration/apps/... is showing google play services V5.0.77 to me

And the gold medal  for the most battery consuming apps goes to.... Play Services V5, which have just overtaken the display...

And according to the XDA forums the new .233 firmware which started rolling out in austria doesn't fix battery drain either. So we're back at the start....

Apprentice
Message 317 of 953
Message 317 of 953

Google Play Services v5.0 does not resolve the issue. Can somebody from Sony pls comment and act on this? I'm starting to feel that it's more of a Sony problem instead of Google.

Do other Sony phones running kitkat such as Z1 & Z2 suffer this problem?
One time poster
Message 318 of 953
Message 318 of 953

10.5.A.0.230

This firmware have some bugs... Why sony don´t release bugfix?

Message 319 of 953
Message 319 of 953

It says v4.4.52 everywhere for me:
Play Store when you select Google Play Services, at the bottom and "What's New".
If I upgrade to it then go to settings > apps > Google Play Services.
The date on the Play Store says today mind so I've updated it anyway. Will see how it goes but all confidence in Sony is gone.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 320 of 953
Message 320 of 953

I wonder why, at 20-6-2014, Sony pushes version 10.5.A.0.230 to my unbranded Xperia Z in the Netherlands while they know it will cause big issues, and without having a fix ready. I will ignore this notification for some time...