account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 231 of 953
Message 231 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Best wsy is switch off phone to stop drainage battery
Adviser
Message 232 of 953
Message 232 of 953

For me, the only real way to stop draining the battery:

Settings > Locatin > Mode - Device only

And then restart the phone.

Screenshot_2014-06-14-23-40-11.png

Apprentice
Message 233 of 953
Message 233 of 953

Battery drain issue on 4.3 since 1-2 months due to Display(43% of battery usage).

"Display" occupies 43% of my battery. Does the display really use up this much battery??. The battery is getting drained out pretty quickly bcoz of this prob.

I normally keep the display brightness level at half & never experienced battery issues earlier.Pls help
One time poster
Message 234 of 953
Message 234 of 953

4.4.2 SD card can`t uses

afte up 4.4.2

some one soft can't use SD card

how can i downgrade to 4.3 ?

or u will fix it ?

Apprentice
Message 235 of 953
Message 235 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 SD card can`t uses

To downgrade you must flashtools and a firmware in ftf format...please, search in Xda fórum.
Apprentice
Message 236 of 953
Message 236 of 953

Re: Battery drain issue on 4.3 since 1-2 months due to Display(43% of battery usage).

Google Play Services uses more than 80% ofy battery if I install a SD card in my Phone. This version of Android is like a **bleep** and I will downgrade my cell Phone to 67 DE version next week.
One time poster
Message 237 of 953
Message 237 of 953

It's no one else fault, but Sony's! A simple test would bring up this issue.
Do all of us a favor and make a OTA ROLLBACK to 4.3.
And please, just release an update when it's working.
At least put a big disclaimer informing all relevant issues for each fw update.

Shame on you Sony...
Adviser
Message 238 of 953
Message 238 of 953

"Google Services" suddenly draining battery (without 4.4.2 update)

Hello!

I'm using the 4.3 update since a month on my Xperia ZR, as I haven't received 4.4.2 yet. But since past 2 days, the "Google Services" is draining battery a lot. At mornings I wake up with the phone being dead.

Here's a screenshot from Battery usage:

Google Services

I turned off the major battery draining functionalities (WiFi, Bluetooth, AutoSync, AutoRotate, GPS, Mobile Data) though xLoud and Bravia Engine are on (they have nothing to do with Google Services though). And the phone was in Stamina mode. Even then Google Services has so many Wakeups and Keep awake duration.

I turned off the phone completely and restarted it yesterday, when I realized this happening the night before, but then the same thing repeated yesterday night. I've heard this problem in 4.4.2 update due to some glitch in "Google Play Services" (not Google Services), but I'm using still 4.3. Don't know if core services like "Google Services" updated itself in background, even though I've turned off Auto-update in Google Play for apps.

Please provide me a solution for this.

Thanks!

- Prateek Jain
Enthusiast
Message 239 of 953
Message 239 of 953

Re: "Google Services" suddenly draining battery (without 4.4.2 update)

Me too from 100% to 28% and the usage of Google services. Is 82%
Learner
Message 240 of 953
Message 240 of 953

Oh what fun, I'd been looking forward to 4.4. Battery drain, phone that does not always work, a work around to stop Google eating the power, apps that will not work without the latest play installed, yellow warning triangles every now and then.

Apart from the niggles I'm very happy with this update.

Now I'm looking forward to a fix that brings back the phone I used to like.