account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 201 of 953
Message 201 of 953

Battery Draining Fast After updating 10.5.A.0.230

4 days ago updated to KitKat from Jelly Bean.

Experiencing battery drainage unusual. No problem with Jelly Bean

Sony pls update a patch for this.

One time poster
Message 202 of 953
Message 202 of 953

Battery drain in Kit Kat for Xperia XL

I just installed the Kit Kat update but the drain of the battery is terrible. Google Play Services is the app that is consuming the battery.

Wha should I do?

Visitor
Message 203 of 953
Message 203 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

I had the same issue after upadting to 4.4

Disabled Google Play Services, Hangouts, Google +

Waiting now to see how it reacts. Initially it seems to have improved the visual effects rendering, like the notifications tray, which is good. Let's wait for the battery.

One time poster
Message 204 of 953
Message 204 of 953

4.4.2 problems for battery xperia z

sony help me, after I upgraid z my xperia to android 4.4.2, the problem that really worries me is that my battery down like crazy. less than 12 hours use batery declined to handpone dead. When using android 4.3 battery remaining 4%, but still able to be used to stay 1%. only now 4% already off.

please solve this problem immediately. I was worried it would damage my battery.

One time poster
Message 205 of 953
Message 205 of 953

When SONY will fix this issue. Any specified date?

Apprentice
Message 206 of 953
Message 206 of 953

for me clearing all data from google play services worked fine. battery drain i slightly higher the with 4.3 but absolutely workable.

Adviser
Message 207 of 953
Message 207 of 953

Dear Sony,
Finally i manage to slove the slowness issue in my Xperia, what i did was firstly I uninstall the Google play service and then I uninstall and disabled following apps which causes issue in the android 4.3 update also, and after that I re install a fresh copy of Google play service and all things work well,
What i disabled and uninstall to factory settings are
Google hangouts
Google +
Google Chrome
Google search

But I have a question for you Sony, I have to disable chrome in the previous android update because my speakers set to default when I received a call, and at that time you asked to disable the chrome and you promised me that you are going to fix that issue in kitkat update, but see what happened instead of one this time i have to disable 4 Google apps,so are you going to fixed it or just giving us false hopes,

Thanks
Visitor
Message 208 of 953
Message 208 of 953

I've tried this solution. Rolling back Google Play Services results in getting gang-banged by apps notifying you that you need to upgrade to the latest version. Disablind targeting and data back-up worked for like three days, but now Google Play Services has started again with hogging all the juice.

Apprentice
Message 209 of 953
Message 209 of 953

i didnt know the battery drain issue on XZ before so i purchased my XZ a week ago for $475. i was so excited to have XZ (JB 4.3) as i read a lot of good reviews with this phone.. only to find out and experienced it myself, the "battery drain" issue.. im so disappointed.. :'(

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 210 of 953
Message 210 of 953

Battery drain in Xperia Z

Hi All,

Some 2 weeks back bought an Xperia Z, seems to be a nice phone but I cant really use it much as battery is draining very fast.  It seems that lot many (or is it all??) are facing this issue, I have gone through other threads, but seems none of them are actually solved.

With some average use (15 mins call, 10-15 mins youtube, another 20 mins web surfing, mainly news pages without any video), the battery is down to 35% from 100. I am always in 3g (dont ask me to switch to 2g, this is not why i spend 29K Rs on this phone) and other communication channels (wifi/bluetooth/nfc/gps) are off. Seems I can use only upto some 8hrs max in this phone and only in constant fear of battery outage.

Looking into "power management",  I can see these : Screen 34%, mediaserver 15% and Andriod OS 11%, Phone 6%

and I am using Andriod 4.3

Sony has managed to kill the initial thrill which I had for the phone(apparently this is the "best of sony in a smartphone") and looking into the forum, a lot many are having the issue.

Expecting some answers (and fix ofcourse!!) from Sony (if you actually care), but any other suggestions are welcome.

-Sr